Clean new reinstall, no mods, launch ctd

LucJocWhite

Everytime I try to launch the game it just ctd.. As far as I have established everypossible thing surrounding fo4 is clean, no mods, nothing, clean install, no modded custom.ini nothing... I double click FO4 "Preparing to launch Fallout 4.." boom the menu shows up everything looks fine yeah great m8 but as soon as I click the "PLAY" button, the screen just closes and then "Preparing to launch Fallout 4.." BOOM THE MENU JUST SHOWS UP AGAIN AS IF THE PLAY BUTTON IS RIGGED TO A RESTART BUTTON!! :sad:

But in all seriousness I'd really appreciate the help, if you have any questions about my pc specs or that you need more information just let me know and I happily will...... http://elkaez.deviantart.com/art/Suicide-meme-1-525551487

Go into the install folder, delete the .ini, then go into your Documents\My Games\Fallout4 folder delete the .inis. The go into appdata/local/Fallout4 folder and delete the files within. Launch the game using the Steam launcher and load/start a game.

By install folder I'm assuming you mean where the game is located on your pc? I have mine on a separate drive. E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Fallout4 I went into this file and deleted the only thing that was in it which was prefs.ini file.. I did everything else that you said yet i booted up the game directly from steam and when I click the play button the menu vanishes into the abyss and pops up again... Thanks for the help but the play button is cursed m8

By install folder I'm assuming you mean where the game is located on your pc? I have mine on a separate drive. E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Fallout4 I went into this file and deleted the only thing that was in it which was prefs.ini file.. I did everything else that you said yet i booted up the game directly from steam and when I click the play button the menu vanishes into the abyss and pops up again... Thanks for the help but the play button is cursed m8

Documents\My Games\Fallout4 folder

Those are the ones you need to delete, and let steam rebuild them.

Of if you saved them replace the ones you have.

​You will have to manually make the custom.ini, as Steam will not create that file, since only NMM thinks it is still a necessary file.

Documents\My Games\Fallout4 folder

Those are the ones you need to delete, and let steam rebuild them.

Of if you saved them replace the ones you have.

​You will have to manually make the custom.ini, as Steam will not create that file, since only NMM thinks it is still a necessary file.

I deleted the inis, started it up, same result...? Before this started to happen I had cleanly reinstalled the game after I broke it with possibly a mod conflict which resulted in the game freezing.

This seems like Steam is messing up.

Do you have any other Steam games, and do those work?

I think Bill is right on this. Delete everything in your Steam folder except your steamapps folder, keep that folder so you don't have to reinstall your games, where all of your games are installed. Then reinstall Steam. Or, you can try installing the Steam beta from the Steam settings, then revert back to the stable version.