How to delete a quest? Can quests be deleted?

jburrowes

ridiculous there isn't a better way to sort quests. or items in chest for that matter. you know, i wouldn't mind if this was their first game, but really. Health Potions, for instance should be sorted by Health, Potion of, Health Potion of Extreme, etc. so in the middle of combat or something i can find it quickly. anyway, same issue, five games in. sheesh.

lgvlgv and manomana,

Thanks. That was the right command and I worked it out. The quest is removed and, checking stats, I wasn't tagged with a murder.

I have to leave for work now but I will, using the screenshot I took of the commands I used, post exactly what I did when I get home.

:)

For anyone that wants to know how to delete a quest here's what I did to delete the Talk to Aventus Aretino one. It's a wordy explanation but, well, that's the way I explain things...

FIRST:

I had to get the Quest ID - since the RefID shown at http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Aventus_Aretino didn't work with any command I tried.

To find the Quest ID I used the command:

ShowQuestTargets

Some of the info it returned was kind of cryptic but two things allowed me to find the ID I needed fairly easily:

1) I had only five active quests

2) I knew that the Aventus Aretino one was a prelude to joining the Dark Brotherhood - so when I saw Current Quest: DB01Objective I figured that was it.

Other Quests listed were:

Current Quest: dunGauldersonQST - not too cryptic

Current Quest: CW00A - cryptic

Current Quest: MQ201 - cryptic

Current Quest: CW00B - cryptic

I figure, since the two remaining Miscellaneous Quests are to Join the Imperial Legion and Join the Stormcloak Rebellion, the two IDs starting with CW00 are for those quests.

The one remaining ID must be for Diplomatic Immunity - which makes sense since it's part of the Main Quest and that ID starts with MQ! (I so smart!)

Note that you can scroll the list up/down with the PageUp/PageDown keys.

SECOND:

Once I had the ID I was set to use the SetStage command - almost. Entering SetStage 0 didn't do anything so I had to find out what the stages were.

Player.sqs DB01Objective returned the following:

Stage 0: 0

Stage 10: 1

Stage 200: 0

Stage 255: 0

By the way GetStage DB01Objective, a command I first tried, returned:

GetStage >> 10.00

That info didn't help but you can see that the setting of 1 listed for Stage 10, gotten with the Player.sqs command, must mean that that stage is active.

THIRD:

Now armed with all the proper info it would be understandable if you figured that the number I needed was 255 - being that that's the last stage - but it wasn't. For some reason 200 was the number that worked. I typed:

SetStage DB01Objective 200 and immediately heard that tiny drum roll we hear when we complete a quest stage - and the text "Completed: Talk to Aventus Aretino" was displayed.

Checking the journal afterward showed... nothing! I'd expected to see the next step, involving heading to Riften, but the quest was gone! :)

An added bonus is that it doesn't even show in the list of completed quests. It's as though I never had it!

:D

To sum up I typed:

ShowQuestTargets and figured out which ID was probably the one I needed

Player.sqs DB01Objective showed me all the stages - and which was active

SetStage DB01Objective 200 was then entered - trying first DB01Objective 255 (no result) and then it (happy ending!)

I hope this helps someone.

I have said that to myself so many times! Even if we had the option to make the texts change colors to prioritize and group into catagories. Then we could just make the ones' we don't want to do red or grey to match into the background so we won't see them.

Ooooh, thanks JBurrowes! :D Yays!

Hearing everyone talk about Morrowind really has me wanting to download it on my computer and play it. I hope I backed up my old files. But I'm really hankering to play now to see if it is indeed as wonderful as everyone seems to remember it.

Edited by Pineapplerum

Pineapplerum, jim_uk,

You're welcome - and thanks for thanking me. I spent nearly an hour typing and editing that post so it's nice to know when it's appreciated.

I should add that, as an experiment, I tried to delete the Join the Stormcloaks Rebellion quest - to see if I could pick it up again by talking to a rebel. I went through the process outlined above and did manage to delete it - but that merely resulted in its followup quest appearing in my list. I suppose if I went through the process again with it, and then again with any other followups, I'd be able to get rid of it. Since it, and the Join the Imperial Legion one are the only Miscellaneous quests I currently have I'm not bothered by them. I might do one or the other - or both(?) anyway.

Pineapplerum,

I only recently discovered Morrowind and was playing it in the weeks before Skyrim's release. It's graphics are dated, of course, but even so it has a great feel to it. The music and the more varied locales really draw you in. I found by simply adding a grass mod it made a big difference in the look - then I started adding other mods as I played. This all happened after I'd played a bit of Morrowind Overhaul. It looks so good it challenges Oblivion's graphics. Before I got too far into it I decided I wanted to play vanilla Morrowind so that I could properly appreciate the mods.

Here's a video about MO: Morrowind Overhaul S&G Installation Videotutorial

Of course Morrowind's melee action sucks - which is maybe why there's another project called Morroblivion that has recreated the province of Morrowind using the Oblivion engine - with all quests (or maybe just all major quests?) in place. Here's a link for it: Morroblivion.com

Now back to the thread - which I hope I haven't just hijacked. Ha ha.

Really looking forward to doing what manomama7 said later, having 15 stones of barenziah weighing .5 each that I cant remove from my inventory pisses me off so much, worst idea ever Edited by Vallen87

• 2 years later...