the difference of NVidia drivers

ohGr

ok, soon im getting a asus geforce fx5200 (im only 14, and i dont make much, so dont point out the faults!) and im aware that NVidia have a abyss of drivers, on their site, its currently 53.?? now, since im an old schooler with NVidia cards (tnt 16mb sd, old school) i dont know much of a difference, but if anyone can, from 40.?? and upwards to the present, can anyone point out the best ones for morrowind, and how my video card would work on it, i hear its like a slightly slower geforce 4ti4200, but with direct x 9 support.

my fellow bretheren (spelled it wrong didnt it), i leave it to you

Dont touch the 53.03 drivers, i had them on my FX 5900 and it caused morrowind to run extremely laggy, also i got massive graphics corruptions in windows due to them.

At the moment im using the 45.32's and things are running quite nicely. You should be able to get them at Guru3D

Ohh and the FX 5200 is a decent enough card (as long as you get it for cheap, and not for the vastly overpriced prices the big name stores tend to charge) though a Geforce 4 TI 4200 is vastly superior to it !!!!! I had my old Geforce 4 TI 4200 set at 310MHz GPU & 550MHz RAM and it decimated the performance my mates Geforce FX 5200 did (he has settings of 300MHz GPU / 500MHz RAM)

Ohh if you can, get a FX5200 that has a 128-bit memory bus as a lot of 5200's tend to have 64-bit memory buses.

Yeah, I don't touch the latest drivers from NVidia with a 10 foot bargepole, their 52.16 driver totally screwed my game, making it lag 2 seconds whenever I bartered an item, opened a container, etc. I'm using the 45.23 driver ATM and it runs the game just fine. Seems to be the driver most NVidia card users use.

the video card is a MSI fx5200 TD, 128bit, comes with Morrowind, Duke Nukem : Manhaton project(spelling?), and Ghost recon, ive looked at the benchmarks on some dodgy sites, one of them tested it with the identical computer to mine, although mine was from Diginet (not around anymore), and morrowind got 34fps with those 45.23 drivers, in seyda neen, draw distance 75%, pixel shader, so, things look prmising for my interest for morrowind.

thanks for the help.

this thread can be locked now.

Archived