What Was A Time You Hated In Morrowind

SheogorathAndTheNine

Cliff Racers! :verymad: I swear those things have a Line-of-sight that god could envy...

At least the cliff racers I can kill :rolleyes:

Something that annoyed me more was the snowstorms in Solstheim. Couldn't see a thing and they lasted forever!

Also stupid NPCs that got stuck :biggrin:

The many times I was attacked by Cliff Racers right after emerging from a cave full of Corprus Stalkers and Ash Slaves.

Also, the times when the game would shut down on me right after a accomplished something important. More likely than not, I hadn't saved for several hours.

• 2 months later...
well. i get pissed at that damn hit chance thing. Boom, boom, bang, clang, miss, miss, miss, miss, misss. WTF!? I died. After an hour of screaming curses, i decided to play agian. 2 words- cliff racers.

• 1 year later...
the time i was tomb raiding at random for fun and profit. happened to find the idiot with the bloodworm helm. who naturally attacked me on sight. whom I naturally summarily killed with all due prejudice. only to get the you broke the thread of fate message. which of course i hadn't saved for a couple of hours at that point. so restarted at a loss of time ingame. I really hate when that happens. :down:

I hated the first few hours I played the game, I really thought I had bought a stinker. My character walked liked she had a broom stuck up her read end, it crashed to desktop many times and I couldn't jump forward on an incline because my character would start floating in mid air. I knew I had to go to a place called Balmora but had no idea what the hell a Silt Strider was, I just hoped it wasn't near that big ugly insect thing on the edge of town (Seyda Neen). Anyway I patched the thing which got rid of the floaty jump and carried on, eight hours later the game had me hooked and I've clocked up a ridiculous number of hours playing it over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

There are really very few things that bother me in Morrowind, especially after playing Oblivion for a few months now. Mostly there are things I miss about Morrowind.

I don't even mind the cliff racers so much......

But the one thing I really hated in Morrowind, and that's fixed in Oblivion, is that NPCs seem to gravitate to doorways and stairs and then they cannot be moved. I can't even count how many times I pushed and jumped and turned and pushed some more to try to get past those dumb wenches in the first room of the Vivec mages guild. They'd say, "What can I do for you Dunmer?" and I'd scream "YOU CAN GET THE HELL OUT OF THE DOORWAY!" Luckily though, the amulet of domination I got from Uncle Crassius worked on them, so after I got it, I could zap 'em and make 'em walk over toward me, and at least get them out of the way for a little while. I once walked the younger one out into the plaza, but I felt sort of bad since she looked so lost and lonely out there, so I walked her back in.

You have to talk to the Balmora guild guide (forget her name) from the platform side of the room, or else she continually moves closer and closer to the door until she blocks it, making it impossible to use.

I actually taunted the NPCs in the Hlaalu stronghold into fighting me so that I could kill them, just because that was the only way to keep them off the stairs. There was no way I was going to run all the way from Balmora to that stronghold, only to not be able to make it up to my room because some moron selling lockpicks that were worse than the ones I was already carrying anyway was standing in the way.

NPCs get in the way in Oblvion too, but at least you can push them and they just slide around.

Other than that....... I can't think of much, again particularly as compared to Oblivion.

There are really very few things that bother me in Morrowind, especially after playing Oblivion for a few months now. Mostly there are things I miss about Morrowind.

I don't even mind the cliff racers so much......

But the one thing I really hated in Morrowind, and that's fixed in Oblivion, is that NPCs seem to gravitate to doorways and stairs and then they cannot be moved. I can't even count how many times I pushed and jumped and turned and pushed some more to try to get past those dumb wenches in the first room of the Vivec mages guild. They'd say, "What can I do for you Dunmer?" and I'd scream "YOU CAN GET THE HELL OUT OF THE DOORWAY!" Luckily though, the amulet of domination I got from Uncle Crassius worked on them, so after I got it, I could zap 'em and make 'em walk over toward me, and at least get them out of the way for a little while. I once walked the younger one out into the plaza, but I felt sort of bad since she looked so lost and lonely out there, so I walked her back in.

You have to talk to the Balmora guild guide (forget her name) from the platform side of the room, or else she continually moves closer and closer to the door until she blocks it, making it impossible to use.

I actually taunted the NPCs in the Hlaalu stronghold into fighting me so that I could kill them, just because that was the only way to keep them off the stairs. There was no way I was going to run all the way from Balmora to that stronghold, only to not be able to make it up to my room because some moron selling lockpicks that were worse than the ones I was already carrying anyway was standing in the way.

NPCs get in the way in Oblvion too, but at least you can push them and they just slide around.

Other than that....... I can't think of much, again particularly as compared to Oblivion.

You can type RA into the console to get them out of the way. :thumbsup: