Skyrim is Too Hard

ThyAssWhupn

I couldnt find a thread where I could introduce myself so I'm just gonna barrel on through.

Here's a little vid I made upon repeatedly getting my ass kicked by an Ancient Dragon on Expert. Everything I have to say is pretty much in the video,

I read through the rules several times and I don't think I'm committing a crime by doing this but every forum is different so if I am, consider this post my salutation/introduction as well as my farewell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hysjMSYrvr0&feature=channel_video_title

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what your problem here is. I'm playing on Master with a pure mage (no other skills besides magic based skills) and I'm finding my life to be quite easy. It's all about how you build your character, and to me it seems like you are all over the board, trying a jack of all trades, master of none type of character, which is hard to do. I recommend you train in one archetype and then maybe do a little in parts of another (say for instance you can run a heavy blades type character with minors in restoration)

It makes the game much more easy when you are a master at a specific skill set, instead of being a novice in all of them.

I'm not sure what your problem here is. I'm playing on Master with a pure mage (no other skills besides magic based skills) and I'm finding my life to be quite easy. It's all about how you build your character, and to me it seems like you are all over the board, trying a jack of all trades, master of none type of character, which is hard to do. I recommend you train in one archetype and then maybe do a little in parts of another (say for instance you can run a heavy blades type character with minors in restoration)

It makes the game much more easy when you are a master at a specific skill set, instead of being a novice in all of them.

No I'm not new to RPGs and I know the whole "Jack of all trades, master of none" build is a bad idea.

My character is an aimed character.

Did u see the vid?

I was getting one shotted.

Being a focused Mage at level 30 isn't going to help you survive.

The only setup I've heard so far that remotely makes sense is to be a master sneak and have 15x dagger damage and double sneak attack damage.

A level 30 pure Mage is not going to survive that scenario I was in.

*exception*

I could see a BA conjurer pulling it off by summoning fodder to grab the dragons attention but even then you're gonna work ur ass off.

You either upped your level too quickly by spamming unecessary skills (like smithing) or your resistances are broke due to the 1.2 patch.

The first time I met a Frost dragon I got owned like 50 times. But even then it took a couple shouts to kill me.

Guys please, the wasting of of skill points on fodder skills does not explain getting one shotted by a dragon.

And lol @ frost dragon. I eat those lizards for breakfast.have u ever fought an Ancient Dragon?.....on Expert?

A lvl 30 mage is going to get owned if you refuse to use wards, for sure. I didn't see you use a ward even once in the video.

R u kidding?

The ward would get shattered like an egg shell under Precious.

I attempted it before I started the capture and it was a joke

I am on Master, and my level isn't high enough yet to meet Ancient dragons. My levels go up slowly because I haven't wasted time learning enchanting, alchemy, smithing, light armor, block, 2-handed, conjuration, illusion, alteration....

If you had no trouble with Frost drags but ancient drags destroy you, that is more evidence that you unbalanced your character.