Temporary Skill progress bar(s) in HUD as skills are used.

swordguy10

The current Hud in skyrim is nice. lots of room for extra eye candy.

the basic idea of this request is to show on-screen the current skill that is being improved. just like Heath, Magicka and Stamina temporarily appear when they are used/depleted, it would be nice, maybe in a top corner, to temporarily show a smaller but similar bar for the current skill that just increased. not to be confused with the bar that displays progress to characters next level (i.e. - "progress to level xx), when you level a skill up, but something similar, that displays progress for any skill that has just been used, that would last for for 10 seconds or so (not in center of screen).

so an example: I swing my sword and hit a mob, my 2 handed weapon skill increases slightly, and a progress bar displays momentarily in corner of screen, showing progress till 2 handed skill will level up again.

to add even further, to make it even cooler, it would be nice if they stacked. like, 2 handed weapon skill progress bar displays, and then I used restoration right after and another progress bar displays underneath the first one. when the 2 handed bar fades and disappears, the restoration skill bar would move up to takes its place. theoretically, you could have a dozen bars showing at once if it was a hairy fight, but for the most part I think it wouldn't take up a lot of space on-screen if the bars are small enough.

If I had the know how, I would probably make this mod. but I don't, so would be cool if someone does have the know how, and thinks this is a cool idea to tackle it. I don't care about credit in any way, as its just an idea. if someone does make this mod, they can take credit for the idea, I really don't care, they did the work. For me it would just be nice to have this feature in Skyrim.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

No i think it's just cause the few who can actually write something like this are working in the exact opposite side,basically trying to remove everything from the Hud.

Which for me is some of the best things ever happend to skyrim/Fallout ;)

And i wouldn't count 5 request since 2011 as many!

• 2 years later...