clearing dungeon before getting a quest for it

Darthius

While exploring I usually come across a dungeon I don't have a quest for... anyone knows what happens if i go in and clear it? Do i get a reward if I meet the giver down the road? One of the dungeons I found had a shout in it, so I really think someone would have given me a quest to go there... so I kind of left it w/o completing just because I didn't know if that would short change my story somehow.

Sometimes I think that a certain key character that is supposed to be there won't show up unless you have the quest. I think that happened to me, I couldn't clear the swindler's den until I had the quest activated and the main group you had to kill showed up

The 'Radiant Story Mode' is suppose to fix that according to Bethesda.

The system will recognise dungeons you have cleared and the quest will be tagged to an unexplored dungeon.

And 'quest character' or 'items' will only appear in certain dungeon if you have the quest for it.

As for Shouts from Wordswall, you could obtain them even before you ascend High Hrogthar to speak to the Greybeards.

Clearing out a cave doesn't always meen it is clear forever.

Later there are repeat missions that reuse a lot of the locations after they have been cleared.

Other times a mission related chest with loot in it WONT be in the cave unless you have the mission.

Many locations will be re-populated after a certain mission is active. :thumbsup:

It can affect some quests if you find (and take) quest objects. I've got a staff in my inventory that I found somewhere before getting the quest at the mages college. Now the proper line wont show up, I'm stuck with the thing and cant continue the quest.

I have not had any quests "broken" but I do have a ton of quest items in my inventory that I find myself looking to get rid of. :facepalm:

And 'quest character' or 'items' will only appear in certain dungeon if you have the quest for it.

I wish that were true but sadly that is not the case.

In my first run through I was clearing any cave/dungeon that I came across and acquired several quest items that lurked in my inventory for the entire game. Now I am a little more cautious about clean sweeps of a territory. Several dungeons that were cleared also had subsequent quests within them with new chests or chests that required a key. Still it's a puzzle which way to go on this issue. :confused: