SKYRIM Could Pull It Off

SGWylde

Very good with a few grammatical errors. Good for 15 :D I'd love to see you create an original story, or hell, even write the narrative for some of the quests!

Does anyone know where we can upload some fan fiction and get some exposure?? I'd really love to get a good base of fanfic out there for the TES community.

Thanks! I'm hoping I can build up enough patience to write out more of the game, and as for your other question, I have yet to find a suitable place. Sorry!

Oh and btw, I was not at all impressed by the Infernal City novel. Never in my life have I been confident that I can write a better version of a novel, but with that book I am.

I definitely agree with you on that, but gotta give props for actually publishing something from the Elder Scrolls universe.

The fact that you are able to write like that at only 15 impresses me immensely, please do keep it up.

As for inspiration, you just found some in Skyrim. If you want to put your own slant on the story, crank up your imagination.

It wasn't a game character waking up in that cart, it was you.

Propped up in the corner of the cart with your hands cruelly bound, you were only aware of the pain in your arms and wrists and the terrible throbbing ache in your head and neck.

What's that bloody awful smell ?

As you become more aware of your surroundings, the ammoniacal stench of stale piss and sweat flares your nostrils and you realise that all four of you have been in that cart for hours and that squawking coward of a horse thief had s*** himself too.

The big square jawed Nord opposite is talking, the words bounce round in your skull and you shake your head to clear it and immediately wish you hadn't, your eyes are open now and the Nord see's that you are back in the land of the living and grins wolfishly.

"Hey, so you are awake ?"

And so on, most of all, enjoy writing and let your imagination run, a blank page is the start of a long road that can lead to anywhere.

The fact that you are able to write like that at only 15 impresses me immensely, please do keep it up.

As for inspiration, you just found some in Skyrim. If you want to put your own slant on the story, crank up your imagination.

It wasn't a game character waking up in that cart, it was you.

Propped up in the corner of the cart with your hands cruelly bound, you were only aware of the pain in your arms and wrists and the terrible throbbing ache in your head and neck.

What's that bloody awful smell ?

As you become more aware of your surroundings, the ammoniacal stench of stale piss and sweat flares your nostrils and you realise that all four of you have been in that cart for hours and that squawking coward of a horse thief had s*** himself too.

The big square jawed Nord opposite is talking, the words bounce round in your skull and you shake your head to clear it and immediately wish you hadn't, your eyes are open now and the Nord see's that you are back in the land of the living and grins wolfishly.

"Hey, so you are awake ?"

And so on, most of all, enjoy writing and let your imagination run, a blank page is the start of a long road that can lead to anywhere.

Thanks so much! Working on continuing where I left off, hopefully will post the next part soon! :) Appreciate the feedback!

Some good budding talent there. :)

However I do strongly suggest you avail yourself of some "writer's resources" on the basics of writing.

You don't want a good story spoiled by poor grammar, punctuation and in these days of laziness and ignorance: bad spelling.

If you like I can PM you some material that will assist in your work.

Also consider having someone edit your work, unless you are extremely confident about what you produce.

It's always handy to have an experience writer to provide comments and fixes before it goes to the general public.

In answer to your question, personally, i just really like reading, and writing. I believe that the Elder Scrolls Series would make excellent books, as the world that they take place in is rich with.. just about everything. I chose to stay completely true to the game because... well, i find it hard to create brand-new ideas, after all, I'm only 15 haha.

Very nicely written, especially considering your age. Looking forward to reading more. If I may give you just one tip: Cut back on the adverbs. So don't let anyone say anything "bluntly" or "grimly" etc. Just use "he said." Then let their mood be known through the context, without literally naming their mood. If you do this, your story will come much more alive. So for example:

Don't:

"Where are we going?" the prisoner asked nervously.

Do:

"Where are we going?" the prisoner asked. His hands were shaking, his eyes darting back and forth.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Only 15 you say? Well, I'm even more impressed now. Talent ofc, doesn't need an age tag. :smile:

Like I said before, I really enjoyed this and I'm sure you'll only grow to be an even better writer and learn more things by simply keep posting, keep writing. It's after all, the people that have to read your work. As you can see from the posts above, there's nothing but healthy criticism, wich is good.

Good luck!

In answer to your question, personally, i just really like reading, and writing. I believe that the Elder Scrolls Series would make excellent books, as the world that they take place in is rich with.. just about everything. I chose to stay completely true to the game because... well, i find it hard to create brand-new ideas, after all, I'm only 15 haha.

Very nicely written, especially considering your age. Looking forward to reading more. If I may give you just one tip: Cut back on the adverbs. So don't let anyone say anything "bluntly" or "grimly" etc. Just use "he said." Then let their mood be known through the context, without literally naming their mood. If you do this, your story will come much more alive. So for example:

Don't:

"Where are we going?" the prisoner asked nervously.

Do:

"Where are we going?" the prisoner asked. His hands were shaking, his eyes darting back and forth.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Haha, now that I look back, You're right, it would look much better! Thanks for the input!

What was the point of rewriting the intro? We all saw it...

Very well done at 15, your parents and teachers should be proud!

Oh and btw, I was not at all impressed by the Infernal City novel. Never in my life have I been confident that I can write a better version of a novel, but with that book I am.

I definitely agree with you on that, but gotta give props for actually publishing something from the Elder Scrolls universe.

Yes, the door is open now... if Infernal City can get published then maybe I should be sending Bethesda some of my own fan-fiction their way xD