Dragon Sword

PrometheusTS

Here is another preview of the color scheme of the actual texturing , I will brighten more the ivory parts later .... how bout the blade?

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6967/previewib.jpg

I creade alpha maps then use those as displacement maps in zbrush...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you boolean out the text on the blade itself, or use a reverse text loft with unique text files?

Also, how did you do the handle carvings? If it was various polygon extrusions, it might be too poly intensive for the game to handle...but if it's just skinned, it'd be fine.

Anyway, looks amazing; only change I'd suggest would be to make the blade itself longer. As it is now, it looks like ~45% of the total length is from the handle, which makes for a very strange looking sword...either it's very tiny, or the handle itself is colossal.

Edited by Jakisthe

the sword is slightly longer than a great daedric sword , the handle looks larger couse the head parts seems part of the handle but it holds a halfmoon razor ...

the carvings are made with alpha displacements in zbrush and in game are simulated by normal maps so the surface is flat and not polygonal ... make this in 3dsmax is nearly impossible unless spending a ridiculous amount ofpolygons .. in zbrush is a piece of cake ...