Dragon Sword

PrometheusTS

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this progress? I am going the right directio for the hilt? ( the blade is finished as shape and all apart the carvings and somescratch .... )

ugestions ? sketch even on the picture ....

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/6553/dragosword4.jpg

Edited by PROMETHEUS_ts

Looks good. I'm thinking it might still be a bit awkward with finger placement between the bumps. Maybe if they were a bit closer together? Think about when you hold a football (pig-skin), the laces on it tend to stretch out your fingers, by making the bumps closer you get a more natural feel I think without putting much strain on forcing your fingers into a position that would hurt the muscle after some time.

Here a new update have extended a bit the lenght of the grip and I balanced to be more alinged with the center of the sword as shows the red line in bottom , since it is a two handed sword it seemed to me a bit unbalanced with a shorter grip , I also tried to give the bottom tail part the same curvatur of the top tip .... Not sure yet if to make the central crip totally smooth and with carvings so without the up and downs or leave them and carve the same ... as for the blade now shoudl be more visible the falx blade part ... the writings wil be coming out ofthe mouth like a "shout" ...

Comments?

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/4962/dragonsword5.jpg

The weapon must be unique so I need to make either 1 or 2 handed I prefer 2 handed honestly , but I can always make a one handed that is not unique and made out of a simple carved bone .... I 'd just need to readapt the blade and change the hilt , this could be more commonly craftable but without any special power and no jewels ...

as for the main sword I was thinking that since I was considering adding the whole carving of alduin's wall on the hilt , then it is most probably not something craftable , so there could be aquest to recover the lost hilt of the sword ... then regreate the blade out of the severall components rituals etc...

you can start brainstorming over a possible questo so I could eventualy even adapt the modeling around it ...

plus I am also considering the idea of a partial Bone hilt with the frontal dragon carving made of gold or a precious metal , or instad better all bone?

No, some ornaments would work nicely, and for a unique weapon it'd be better then a plain one. After all, what would be unique about it if it was plain?