Tried to install Dual Sheath Redux, now unable to load game.

TheRebel29

For the past week and a half, I have been trying to get Skyrim to work again.

I had tried to install the Dual Sheath Redux, but the patcher kept giving me the can not find output path error. I tried removing the Jaysus swords even though I had already had the patches applied for them. Basically nothing worked so I removed the DSR. Since then, I have not been able to get my game to go past the load save. Every time I go to load a save, I get the "this save depends on items no longer available" message. I even tried a save from a year ago when I had even less mods. And the thing IS I have all the mods I had before trying to install the DSR.

I have since installed the SKSE ini pre-download for lazy users, and it says that I am missing the esp files for the Deadric Chainmail mod along with the esp files for the Remodeled Armour for CBBE. Yet when I look in the Data folder, the so called missing files are right there. How do I go about correcting this issue? No matter what save I load, even my earlies ones simply CTD. I have tried repeatedly to re-install these mods with NMM, but for whatever reason, I KEEP getting the missing files message.

NMM says the mods are installed,,,, windows explorer says the files are there,,, but the game does NOT and crashes....

Edited by TheRebel29

So basically, disable all my mods, back them up to a separate location, uninstall NMM, install MO, and then add the mods back in with MO.

Mod Organizer requires me to manual install mods doesn't it?

And what about other games? I have mods installed via NMM for Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Edited by TheRebel29

So from the Mod organizer page

Q: Can I use MO for multiple games?
A: You can't use one MO installation for more than one game but there is nothing stopping you from installing MO twice or thrice, one for each game you want.

Compatibility

The Mod Organizer works with almost any tool I've tried so far. What this means is that they can be made to work on the "virtual" data tree.
Among the tested applications are: obmm, fomm, TES Construction Set, GECK, TES4LODGen, TES4Edit, FO3Edit,
BOSS, Fake Fullscreen (Oblivion and Fallout), Skyrim 4GB.
Wrye Bash and Fallout Variants of it are a bit more difficult. They only work if you're using a 32-bit python or the standalone version.

Also MO page http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

I use it only for Skyrim

It has nothing to do with MO, or NMM. I use NMM for this and have no problems with it.

First do you have all the required mods for Dual Sheath?

Is Java up to date?

There is a tutorial video on the middle of the page to help trouble shoot install issues with it.

I would also go the the SKSE web page, download it, and install it manually.

Base info here, running the Legendary Edition of Skyrim on a MSI GE62 Apache Pro gaming laptop that's running Windows 7 (do NOT mention ANYTHING concerning Windows 10, tried it, hated it, and even had it DIE on me).

I have SKSE, LOOT, NMM, Wrye Bash, and Java all installed and up-to-date.

NOW, as for the required mods for DSR, yes I had all of those installed. Only thing I didn't was the Recommended mod, Immersive Animations which I did install as well. I also had the Jaysus Swords installed,,, but BOTH the update and the patch installed as well which should have covered the whole issue of that mod causing the patcher to break. Even with the Jaysus Swords and it's additional mods removed,,, the patcher could not find the path. I tried to check the ReadMe link in the DSR page,,, but that just sends me to a auto insurance quote site, (even tried different browsers,,, send to the same site every time) so basically it's like the mod has NO support at all for me to access.

Before installing the DSR I did make a backup of my mods using NMM. And have tried restoring that when my game kept crashing,,,, but for whatever reason, it did not install the mods properly, (esm files missing). Went thru disabled ALL mods, then enabled and reinstalled each one in the order I could best discern from the mod description pages. And yet it is still crashing after Load Save and the message that content is missing, (now the esp files it says aren't there even though NMM and windows explorer say they are.) Not sure how, but some of the 60+ mods were updated while my backup was made, (have managed to track down some of the old versions I had installed before DSR issue, but sadly at least one or two of the major mods that got updated do not have older versions available for download, CBBE. I am wondering, is it possible to correct this issue IF, 1. I actually DELETE all the mods I had installed for Skyrim, clean install Skyrim, install NMM over itself, reinstall SKSE and LOOT, then add in all the mods I had, using the older versions that were used for the last 100 saves made?

EDIT:

Tried using MO instead. Fixed missing esp files and such, no mods are missing now as far as the saves go. Sadly game is STILL crashing after loading a save.

Edited by TheRebel29

Okay, uninstalled everything, and have since reinstalled it. But for whatever reason is is saying I have missing esp files again. And frankly, I have no idea what mod the files belong to.

Currently missing,

KKSDGWeightSliderFix.esp

KKSDrBWWeightFix.esp

DHuntress.esp

KKFur.esp

Also it says Daedric Chainmail CBBE.esp but I had the standalone installed before so not sure why it keeps giving me this one.

Okay, uninstalled everything, and have since reinstalled it. But for whatever reason is is saying I have missing esp files again. And frankly, I have no idea what mod the files belong to.

Currently missing,

KKSDGWeightSliderFix.esp

KKSDrBWWeightFix.esp

DHuntress.esp

KKFur.esp

Also it says Daedric Chainmail CBBE.esp but I had the standalone installed before so not sure why it keeps giving me this one.

Any time you change armor or weapon mods you might need to run the patcher again.

It will update to your current mods.

Edited by bill8872