Bill S.1867

n1kko

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I have noticed in the past, is that Anonymous tends to dramatize many situations.

Sure, this bill could lead to a military dictatorship, but there is a reason U.S. citizens have the right to bear arms.

What I have noticed in the past, is that Anonymous tends to dramatize many situations.

Sure, this bill could lead to a military dictatorship, but there is a reason U.S. citizens have the right to bear arms.

They won't have that right if this bill passes all the way through. The senate did vote on it, but Obama said he would veto it.

Wow just wow, so the senate made a bill that allow the army do to exactly what the Sirian army are doing now?

I hope that Obama really veto it....

@IndorilTheGreat

Unfortunately the right to bear arms is great to protect one against thugs and thief but have an high chance of fail against tanks and aircrafts.

But again lets hope that bill will be veto.

Wow just wow, so the senate made a bill that allow the army do to exactly what the Sirian army are doing now?

I hope that Obama really veto it....

@IndorilTheGreat

Unfortunately the right to bear arms is great to protect one against thugs and thief but have an high chance of fail against tanks and aircrafts.

But again lets hope that bill will be veto.

I highly doubt that the military would roll out the tanks and fighter jets... just saying.

But yes. I understand what you are saying. It's ridiculous that this was even thought up. The issue with the U.S. right now, is that it is still such a young country. Most other countries have been around for several centuries (i.e. more than two and a quarter), sorting out their problem through whoever was the strongest (not saying that is the best way of doing things, it's just how things worked). We live in a day of communication and democracy. The people may have a voice, but it can be hard to hear that voice when our country is attempting to learn how to walk, let alone speak.

Once again I'm unable to find the part of the bill which supposedly allows the military to detain US citizens. Unless they're referring to the section which states that the military has the power to detain any person involved in terrorist activities, who is captured in the course of hostilities, and also explicitly states the military can't, if the person in question is a US citizen or a lawful resident alien. I could be reading it wrong, though, it seems like whoever drafted the bill needs to take a refresher course in 'English Composition 101', because I doubt that Congressional drafters would intentionally draft something which is baldly unconstitutional.

Congressional bill drafters are actually very sensitive to Supreme Court rulings, and they readily pass legislation which ratifies Supreme Court decisions, or pass legislation meant to accommodate the extent of Supreme Court decisions. Very rarely do they ever pass a bill which egregiously flaunts the Law.

Can someone tell me where this can be read?

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112s1867pcs/pdf/BILLS-112s1867pcs.pdf

Also the section that allows the military to imprison US citizens without trial.

Can't, because there isn't one. Closest thing I can find is Section 1032, but it doesn't apply to US Citizens.

Edited by lukertin

Can someone tell me where this can be read?

Also the section that allows the military to imprison US citizens without trial.

Here is the latest version of the bill:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112s1867es/pdf/BILLS-112s1867es.pdf

I spent a few minutes reviewing this and section 1031 through 1037 is pretty important.

Although they are specific in their language about the qualifications of people who can be taken prisoner by the military. You pretty much have to be in direct support of Al Queda, Taliban, etc. Meaning they cannot just arrest normal citizens, as suggested by this paragraph here:

(e) AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be

construed to affect existing law or authorities, relating to

the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident

aliens of the United States or any other persons who are

captured or arrested in the United States.

Basically its being blown out of proportion, and is in no way giving the military a right to just arrest anyone, and anyone who takes the time to read the bill would know that. So I hope this puts an end to that idea.

There is actually a provision in the bill giving the military the authorization to sell excess handgun ammunition they don't need to the private sector, rather than destroying it. So those of us with firearms might be able to find some good deals on surplus ammo for our hand guns.

Edited by Beriallord