Oblivion 4gb (LAA) LAUNCHER?

got2see

And why do you guys think that Steam has anything to do with programming game files ? They are a service provider, nothing more.

The only one to blame is Bathesda... and they did the same with Skyrim again (well, at least they promised to include LAA in the 1.4 patch within the next days).

However, patching Oblivion.exe works fine and reduces crashing of heavily modded games. BUT, if you crash due to "texture-overkill", the LAA-patch does help little if you have a graphic card with "only" 1 GB or less.

Even with LAA-patch, i5-processor and 8 gb RAM, Oblivion crashes with my Geforce 450 (1gb) when using Better Cities and high-res Textures.

And why do you guys think that Steam has anything to do with programming game files ? They are a service provider, nothing more.

The only one to blame is Bathesda... and they did the same with Skyrim again (well, at least they promised to include LAA in the 1.4 patch within the next days).

However, patching Oblivion.exe works fine and reduces crashing of heavily modded games. BUT, if you crash due to "texture-overkill", the LAA-patch does help little if you have a graphic card with "only" 1 GB or less.

Even with LAA-patch, i5-processor and 8 gb RAM, Oblivion crashes with my Geforce 450 (1gb) when using Better Cities and high-res Textures.

that is not true.

Steam does not allow any modification to any games' exe.

that is why any changes to the exe is always reverted