S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 Cancelled

brokenergy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You assume that they would turn it into GTA because that's the only major AAA game that they have ever done. I would give them a chance to expand first before commenting.

Look at pretty much every game that they've made or published. Involves cars in or out of a GTA style atmosphere. I dont fancy the chances of any game they make/publish from now being different, and dont want the R* logo within a one-shelf radius of any S.T.A.L.K.E.R. box, new or old.

Edited by CommanderCrazy

You know, if you're so worried about S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 passing on to some developer or publisher you don't like, why not suggest having the series re-licensed under Creative Commons? Let the fans finish it up and complete it to the way they want it instead...

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, hope the company can "hang in there" and find some unbiased investors looking to make their first big PC title; someone who doesn't already have ties to the industry and thus think the game needs to be completely changed in order to make money. Ugh. :yucky:

In a slightly off topic note, I hear the release of an updated "STALKER Complete" is due out soon. While not a brand new game, it might generate enough interest and excitement about the ORIGINAL title(s) to help the GCS folks get back on their feet and finish STALKER 2! :)

IMO the only people id trust to make a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game other then the originals would be Square Enix. Id would if they could but nobody there knows how to make a stalker game...

Square Enix and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ? U s***ing me?