S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 Cancelled

brokenergy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last one wasnt very good anyway

While I wouldn't say it wasn't very good, it certainly wasn't the best in the series for me. The gameplay was good, but the locations of the first two games were much better.

Like you can ever experience the REAL S.T.A.L.K.E.R. experience on consoles :S

Mostly I'm just worried about porting issues, but I also can't imagine that playing STALKER on a controller would be any fun.

I'm just really worried considering it's going to be multi-plat. Hell knows the PC needs more exclusives. :<

PC exclusives isn't going to account for the rising cost of production in the video gaming industry. If you want a good game, you have to expand into other platforms and insure that the a) profits meet the base bugdet of the product and b) be sustainable enough to expand the company into other ventures. I don't see what the problem is for games to expand into consoles as long as they are compadable with the platform they are in. If a game isn't working in one platform or another (regardless of console or PC), then it's the developer's fault for not porting it properly, not consoles or PC.

I'm just really worried considering it's going to be multi-plat. Hell knows the PC needs more exclusives. :<

PC exclusives isn't going to account for the rising cost of production in the video gaming industry. If you want a good game, you have to expand into other platforms and insure that the a) profits meet the base bugdet of the product and b) be sustainable enough to expand the company into other ventures. I don't see what the problem is for games to expand into consoles as long as they are compadable with the platform they are in. If a game isn't working in one platform or another (regardless of console or PC), then it's the developer's fault for not porting it properly, not consoles or PC.

The Witcher 2 is PC exclusive, and did very well I think, its coming out for xbox this year but still.

All total war games were and are PC exclusive, I dont think they did badly.....

The issue isn't that the porting is the developers fault, the issue is that if there aren't console counterparts there can't be porting issues. :P

Or we just say bai to Xbox and PS3 and buy it all on the superior platform :)

Or we just say bai to Xbox and PS3 and buy it all on the superior platform :)

Well, I wouldn't exactly call PC the superior platform, as there are still a lot of games that I prefer to play on console, like racing games, platform games and Street Fighter type games. If anything, the PC is only technologically superior.

BUT, I do get beyond ticked off if developers allow the console's hardware restrictions to affect PC games or if they do poor porting jobs.

The Witcher 2 is PC exclusive, and did very well I think, its coming out for xbox this year but still.

All total war games were and are PC exclusive, I dont think they did badly.....

TW2 was a console game dressed up for PC, you are better off using a gamepad to play the game rather than the good old keyboard and mouse. All TW games and RTS's in general require more management, something that consoles don't provide at the moment. I'm not saying that all PC exclusives will fail but for a company to expand they need something sustainable to keep them going, in the end is business. I would blame the developer for bad ports (I'm looking at you Beth :verymad: ) and for not catering for all platforms, regardless of their hardware.