Shout it all out

daventry

My Thread Title is from this song if you dont know it :P

Is this a Bug or something where i keep getting Word Walls and Absorbing Dragon Souls, yet No Shouts ae Activated, the Only Shouts i got is the few from the MQ

I have been al around Skyrim while collecting many Shouts and Words, but none is Activated.

This is my Second playthrough and oh yes the Bug In-Complete Quests came down on me, but still the Shouts wont activate.

Edited by daventry

Did you actually use the dragon soul to unlock the word? You have to go into the Shouts menu and use a soul to unlock a word (R on the PC). When I first started playing, I thought you had to have a specific dragon soul for a specific word and then it would activate, but you just have to have a soul and a word and hit R to unlock it :)

Now why dioes the Game not tell me these things, im surprised that i still need to find Words, thus i can only shout One ore Two Words from each shout so far. :)

Is there a Mod that Auto Activates the Words or atleast tell me to press R, not all People will know to press R that Activates the Word of Shout.

Not sure about a mod for that, but I'm sure there will be one sooner or later :) Yeah, it was confusing to me too...the UI in this can be so annoying sometimes. It does say on the bottom left when you are in the Shouts menu to hit R to unlock...but I tend not to look down there that much lol. I felt like such a newb afterwards wondering why I couldn't unlock them :P

I also found this...I'm glad you don't have this issue :)

There is a glitch where Arngeir will not give you the option to ask him for words of power.

(XBox 360) Sometimes, the word will not appear on the wall at Autumnwatch Tower, leaving you unable to learn the entire Marked for Death shout. There does not appear to be a fix for this; even loading from a previous save will not cause the word to appear. You will hear the background music/chanting, and the sound that plays when you learn a word will play, but you will not learn the word. The chanting/background music will continue to play every time you visit the site.

This happens to PC to, at a lot of Word Walls. It appears to be random. A fix is using the player.teachword command in the console, this will however not finish the quest. For the teachword command you need the codes for the individual words, not the codes posted in the table here, but they can be found here.

There is another glitch where even after you kill a dragon, it is impossible to unlock a new shout. It will say on your screen "Dragon Soul absorbed", but when you attempt to unlock a shout that you've learned, it will notify you that "Dragon Souls are required to unlock shouts". There does not seem to be a fix for this bug. It is a rare, but aggravating glitch that will likely not occur again if you decide to make a new character.