ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

My Settlers Can't Be Assigned

Cybervore

Yeah, I wouldn't change anything are start over. Just keep messing with it. Right now I'm looking for what if anything has replaced

WorkshopParentScript.pex

WorkshopScript.pex

In loose files, .BA2, and source scripts in loose files. With that I just tell the settlers where to stand to get out of my way mostly. Food processors and other automated parts run the settlement. We might try F4SE & papyrus debug enabling to circumvent the bug, unpack a fresh version of that script, use various settler related items, or time, ect. To get it to rectify. You know, because it's just a bug/glitch and a savegame script cleaner just came out. There's actually a bunch of stuff we can do besides start over. I mean, yeah sometimes that's needed, but I tend to think it would be from many widespread problems that can't be traced down to a cause & fix. You know, don't panic.

Unless you have extensive experience in scripting Papyrus (I see no mods in your profile) please don't further spread misinformation on this problem. At the time of the earlier posts in this thread the save game script cleaner wasn't available yet, furthermore those have never been perfect solutions. To my knowledge the use of the save game script cleaner hasn't been properly tested on saves already broken by this bug anyway. Debug enabling doesn't actually circumvent bugs, that's not how that process works (which you would know if you had scripting experience). The workshop scripting system is quite complex and figuring out the interactions that cause this are not exactly a simple fix. If it were a simple fix that mod author would have posted it months ago. So at this point in time with the knowledge we currently have (and I happen to have some insider knowledge on this), yes a new save game is required.

Now THAT was what I call offensive.

I actually laughed reading it, I wasn't the slightest bit offended. Sounds like a typical teenager to me. :D

Well, his handle is "dipshit" spelt backwards, so I guess he behaved true to his name :wink:

Edited by steve40

• 3 months later...

I cannot believe how immature and redundant this thread became. Not to wag my finger or anything, but you people should be ashamed. This is a place where we answer questions. Not one where we spew toxins. Thanks for wasting all of our time guys.

GETTING BACK TO THE MATTER AT HAND....

I'm also having this issue, I HAVE NEVER USED DCMS, and I (and surely, many others) still have this issue, despite several new games.

Any genuine help would be appreciated. I don't need your "inside info" on how mods I've never installed permanently break the game. I need to know how I can fix this.

• 6 years later...

Solved for me with this:

SAVE first (not "Quick save"), then close the game.

Go to game DATA folder, open CACHE folder there and empty (erase) all that cache !

After CACHE folder is empty, open game again and LOAD your last SAVED game.

ENJOY !

Edited by DanLarry