ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Can I set my Player Character as essential ?

dhaedra

At the moment I win every fight, and if I lose my only option is to die, forcing me to load a save game and try the fight again till I win. I like to be really immersed in the world of Skyrim and roleplay somewhat while I adventure. I would like to be able to set my player character as essential so my character can behave the same way as my companions. They can be beaten and lose a fight but not die. If they are defeated they collapse to the ground exhausted and incapacitated for a short while. Then they recover and have to heal themselves before continuing the fight. This is exactly how I would like my player character to behave.

Is this possible? And if so, how can i accomplish this?

Thanks very much for any help.

Never heard of tim, but there's another command that works the same way as said above, it's called TMG

It's god mode, you are immortal, but the stats(damage, health, skills) etc stay the same.

Never heard of tim, but there's another command that works the same way as said above, it's called TMG

It's god mode, you are immortal, but the stats(damage, health, skills) etc stay the same.

TGM, not TMG ;)

TGM is Toggle God Mode

Problem with god mode is it makes you immune to damage and give unlimited carry and magic. Invincible. TIM is if you want more realistic play. You can still be knocked down and armor stats improve as you take damage and you can run out of stamina and magic. I haven't used it yet but I think you fall to one knee like all the essential characters if you run out of health.

If you use the TIM code and get killing move done on you, such as decapitation you have to reload anyway. Other wise you're character is glitched. In the case of decapitation,your head comes off every time you go to use another object like an anvil or horse. That is provided you find a way, like the sexchange code entered twice, to get your head back on in the first place. But that brings up issues on it's own, especially if done during a time you are a werewolf. In such an instance I tried the Showracemenu code and it glitched me even further by not allowing me to complete the cure for werewolf quest. This does not happen with the TGM code but then your mana, magicka, stamina, arrow count, and item changes don't get depleted either.

I don't think either of these is a solution to what the OP is asking for. He would be better off finding a way to flag himself as essential. I know you can do it for NPCs but I don't know about PC.

If you use the TIM code and get killing move done on you, such as decapitation you have to reload anyway. Other wise you're character is glitched. In the case of decapitation,your head comes off every time you go to use another object like an anvil or horse. That is provided you find a way, like the sexchange code entered twice, to get your head back on in the first place. But that brings up issues on it's own, especially if done during a time you are a werewolf. In such an instance I tried the Showracemenu code and it glitched me even further by not allowing me to complete the cure for werewolf quest. This does not happen with the TGM code but then your mana, magicka, stamina, arrow count, and item changes don't get depleted either.

I don't think either of these is a solution to what the OP is asking for. He would be better off finding a way to flag himself as essential. I know you can do it for NPCs but I don't know about PC.

Ok so I just zoomed out to see my character in 3rd person and clicked me but it doesn't give a base value. So Help "slim" 0 gave me a base value for my character (character name is slim jim like the beef sticks) as 00000007 so I setessential 00000007 1 and picked a fight with a guard till I should have died and I fell to one knee, would not get up unless I used a healing potion. Potions of regeneration did not work and I was unable to use magic or get up. Just on one knee. so You can indeed set yourself as essential.. Pretty neat.

thanks to Flyingblind, I tried out your example of how to set my player character to essential and it worked beautifully. Now i can be defeated but not killed. When I'm defeated the animation that plays is awesome, great for immersion and role playing. Its really a lot more fun for me than getting killed and having to go back to an earlier save. Now if i screw up the fight I have to deal with the new situation and try to adapt and make the best of a botched strategy..

Setting my player character to god mode or immortal mode did not give me the immersion I was looking for. With those modes I cannot be killed and never play an animation where i have been defeated and temporarily incapacitated. Instead my health goes down to 1 and never drops below that, I just stand there and keep getting hit but with no consequences.

Thanks for the feed back everyone, much appreciated.