Can I set my Player Character as essential ?

dhaedra

thanks to Flyingblind, I tried out your example of how to set my player character to essential and it worked beautifully. Now i can be defeated but not killed. When I'm defeated the animation that plays is awesome, great for immersion and role playing. Its really a lot more fun for me than getting killed and having to go back to an earlier save. Now if i screw up the fight I have to deal with the new situation and try to adapt and make the best of a botched strategy..

Setting my player character to god mode or immortal mode did not give me the immersion I was looking for. With those modes I cannot be killed and never play an animation where i have been defeated and temporarily incapacitated. Instead my health goes down to 1 and never drops below that, I just stand there and keep getting hit but with no consequences.

Thanks for the feed back everyone, much appreciated.

Is that permanent after a save or have I to do the same process every time I start the game? i will try it but if anyone has already the answer? Thanks folks!

EDIT:

I've just found out this mod here... seems to be a lot like what you were looking for..

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16311/?

You can customize it to make you immortal like NPC followers.

===

=========

Original post:

If you want to have a post-"non-existence"-mortem experience, there are 2 good mods around on nexus.

1) Dragon Souls

Which has a "death punishment" very similar to the game "Dark Souls".

Once you die, your spirit is reincarnated somewhere (look at mod description, he actually developed lore behind it)... you'll have lost all items, they will be at your point of death...

If you die before reaching your death point, all your items will be lost.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34698//?

2) No death mod (convenient name hahah)

Fully customizable mod.

The standard version has it that once your HP goes bellow 10% you pass out.

You'll wake up with no items, and a new quest will start for you to reach your items.

If you die attempting the quest, don't worry...all the items you were wearing before your first death will remain in the same place, and now, together with all the new items you were wearing on your second "death".

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29312//?

Edited by Sucrilhus

• 5 months later...

Here's a thought that I hope doesn't make me look like an idiot. What if you set your character for essential and use TIM at the same time? Wouldn't setting essential cancel out TIM's hiccup of decapitation while TIM fills in for the health regen upon reaching low life, and both still uphold being unable to die?