Suitable faction for Raider?

RevanFanMan

Well, if in doubt, I guess you can always stick with the minutemen. I mean, they'll always be around no matter what, so...

Since you mention "raider", though, if you plan to actually have anything to do with the Minutemen at all after Nuka World, make sure you're the General before going to Nuka World.

Well, yeah, he IS annoying, isn't he? I'm playing without Preston too lately. So yeah, you'll have to pick a major faction then. Well, this would be my list in descending order of how good a fit it is, with a big IMHO attached.

1. The Institute. Well, I suppose the Institute would kinda fit a raider Overboss, since they're into slavery too, and they're the one faction that never gives a flying f-bomb about what you do to the settlers on the surface. There seems to be no conflict of interest either in the game or in the story between the raiders and the Institute.

2. The Railroad. Well, realistically their anti-slavery slant is kinda at odds with everything the raiders stand for. Though that's counterbalanced by the fact that they explicitly don't care and don't help anyone who's not a synth. Seriously, Deacon actually tells you that Dez never greenlights any missions to help non-synths. I suppose you could kinda stay friends with Dez as long as you can place their brain-wiped synths as raiders, like they did at Libertalia, but most of the others would probably consider you a huge a-hole. But still, the question remains: would you realistically choose to help slaves escape if you're a raider leader?

3. The Brotherhood. The secondary quests from the raiders may have you shooting BOS guys. Plus story-wise they're (A) competing for the same villages for supplies, and (B) the BOS actually see themselves as protectors of the people. The latter also leading to the fact that the BOS vertibirds actively attack other raiders in the game. You CAN juggle the BOS and raiders together in the game, but realistically their ideology would lead to a conflict between BOS and raiders really fast.

3. The Brotherhood. The secondary quests from the raiders may have you shooting BOS guys. Plus story-wise they're (A) competing for the same villages for supplies, and (B) the BOS actually see themselves as protectors of the people. The latter also leading to the fact that the BOS vertibirds actively attack other raiders in the game. You CAN juggle the BOS and raiders together in the game, but realistically their ideology would lead to a conflict between BOS and raiders really fast.

Well, they actively attack your raider settlements with Vertibirds. It all depends on the defenses you set up there. If they get attacked it's similar to regular settlements. You usually don't have to fire a single shot. Apart from only killing no names usually doesn't alienate any faction. Minutemen seem to be the one exception, since after fighting them you better not travel to the castle for a few days.

Well, as I was saying, in game you can juggle the two, but realistically it would lead to a conflict real fast. Eventually, the raiders would get annoyed by your being bff with the guys who shoot miniguns at their friends, and the BOS would eventually get annoyed that you're the leader of those guys who shoot down their vertibirds.