Drakensang Adds

sworddragon

Has any of you ever considered installing an adblock? I have adblock+ installed on Firefox and I don't have ads on the nexus sites (actually I don't have ads at all). Plus, I don't know why, but here in Croatia there are no Drakensang adds :D. Edited by Werne

Has any of you ever considered installing an adblock? I have adblock+ installed on Firefox and I don't have ads on the nexus sites (actually I don't have ads at all). Plus, I don't know why, but here in Croatia there are no Drakensang adds :D.

Of course, Werne, I used Firefox for a long time, with Adblock plus too.

But then Mozilla seemingly decided that they want to beat Microsoft to making a version 10 of their browser, rushing out pointless updates since v6 that did nothing but break stuff.

The last few "versions" of Firefox have been quite unusable for me, causing all sorts of crashes and system lockups, and crazy CPU usage. Even got a BSOD once too :P

So yeah, the Firefox I once loved for its relieabillity and speed compared to IE is gone. I pretty much MUST use IE now, even though it is rather rubbish compared to what Firefox used to be. But it works...

The thing is, I can live with advertising usually and I fully understand the need for it to be present on the Nexus. It's when advertising becomes so intrusive that it becomes unnacceptable. It reminds me of those dark days when the Nexus had interstitial ads (or whatever you call them) and pop-ups.

@demidekidasu I use Firefox 8 with AdBlock+, I've got no problems whatsoever, I disabled the auto-update so the browser and it's addons don't update and therefore preventing the errors and stuff. It's the only browser I like and the only one I use.

@demidekidasu I use Firefox 8 with AdBlock+, I've got no problems whatsoever, I disabled the auto-update so the browser and it's addons don't update and therefore preventing the errors and stuff. It's the only browser I like and the only one I use.

You are lucky :P

Like I said, I too avoided IE like the plague, prior to the problems I started getting with the more recent versions of Firefox.

But my point really is that the problem lies within the ad itself. You came here insinuating that people are having problems with this ad because of their own fault for not using Firefox with Adblock plus. Saying that is like saying, "people have car crashes at their own fault for driving a car."

You came here insinuating that people are having problems with this ad because of their own fault for not using Firefox with Adblock plus.

No, I didn't. I only suggested that the ones having problems with the annoying ads try and install an adblock software to get rid of the problem.

Edited by Werne

Like I said, I too avoided IE like the plague, prior to the problems I started getting with the more recent versions of Firefox.

But my point really is that the problem lies within the ad itself. You came here insinuating that people are having problems with this ad because of their own fault for not using Firefox with Adblock plus. Saying that is like saying, "people have car crashes at their own fault for driving a car."

So I still don't understand why you don't just mute the browser in the sound mixer. I can tell from your huge signature that your software makes you capable of accomplishing this in 2 seconds.

So I still don't understand why you don't just mute the browser in the sound mixer. I can tell from your huge signature that your software makes you capable of accomplishing this in 2 seconds.

Of course I can do that, but you are missing the point completely. I should not have to do that every time I visit the Nexus. And I have yet to see an ad like this one elsewhere.

BTW, what's wrong with my signature? lol

As for some other ads here on the Nexus, I just saw this one for "Call Of Roma" in the square slot on the right hand side of the page. Talk about inappropriate! Not that it bothers me personally, but some other folks might not like it. Not just that, wouldn't Nexus site users get in trouble for posting an image of this kind of suggestive nature in the public file share section and not the private section? Unless that rule has changed sometime recently - I haven't been on the Nexus for quite a while.

Of course I can do that, but you are missing the point completely. I should not have to do that every time I visit the Nexus. And I have yet to see an ad like this one elsewhere.

As for some other ads here on the Nexus, I just saw this one for "Call Of Roma" in the square slot on the right hand side of the page. Talk about inappropriate! Not that it bothers me personally, but some other folks might not like it. Not just that, wouldn't Nexus site users get in trouble for posting an image of this kind of suggestive nature in the public file share section and not the private section? Unless that rule has changed sometime recently - I haven't been on the Nexus for quite a while.

In the time it's taken you to write several posts complaining about something that's already been brought up you could have muted and unmuted your browser at least 100 times. As for your signature, if you are going to go beyond the regulation 8 lines of text the least you could do is use spoiler tags to shorten it and besides, there is a section in one's profile for sharing hardware specifications.

The Call Of Roma ad made me lol.

An image like that has never got anyone into trouble, the only people likely to be offended by it are visitors from the 1890s.