ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Hearing annoying sounds in Inns when FPS gets higher than 80-100+

SpacePigeonTV

Long Description:

At first I noticed this sound in the interiors of Inns/taverns or whatever they are called. It seemed to go away when I was looking away from the walls, like looking at the bonfire or across the hall. And as soon as I began staring at the walls again, the annoying sound began again.

This sound sounds like an object is stuck somewhere and is "spazzing out" somewhere like its stuck inside something.

When I tried to record a video of this with fraps, it didn't make any sound (%¤#). And when I turned off the video capture, it started to make sound again (Guess how frustrated I was at this point). Then I noticed something strange about the FPS counter. When I looked at the walls or down, the FPS showed over 90-120 and the annoying sound started at once the FPS reached over 100. When I then looked around in the room (away from the walls) the FPS fell down to 60 and the sound stopped. Funny? And this only happens in Inns!

So basically, what I'm trying to do now is to figure out a way to lock my fps at 60 so it wont go higher (like vsync).

Short Description:

Hearing annoying sound inside Inns. Finds out that when I get fps higher than 100 the sounds start, and when the fps goes down to 60 it stops. I need to cap my fps at 60. How?

Note:

I do have a iPresentInterval=0 in my SkyrimPrefs.ini file (I will try to change this to 1 and see what happens).

Anybody experienced the same?

One thing is that objects don't really spazz out until hit or walked on by the player and/or npc. other than that, they will stay motionless, even if stuck in walls and etc. :thumbsup:

super ultra settings? odd i don't think i even seen a computer run a game at 100+. mainly 45-80. :unsure: something isn't right. might be something triggered when you hit 100+. if its not there when your below.. :wallbash:

Edited by Guss

One thing is that objects don't really spazz out until hit or walked on by the player and/or npc. other than that, they will stay motionless, even if stuck in walls and etc. :thumbsup:

super ultra settings? odd i don't think i even seen a computer run a game at 100+. mainly 45-80. :unsure: something isn't right. might be something triggered when you hit 100+. if its not there when your below.. :wallbash:

Yeah that spazz out was just an attempt to describe the sound :S Didn't really know how to, but it sounds exactly the same as if an NPC or something is walking over it (i dunno).

Yeah I have everything on the highest settings possible, but the only place I can get an FPS higher than 60 is in the interiors when looking at walls or down. When I look around in the inn my FPS goes down to 60 and when I enter Solitude and look over at the guard barracks place (don't remember its name) my fps drops down to 20-30. Usually when I walk around in cities or towns or outside, lets say, exterior my fps is around 40. And when I walk around in the interiors it varies from 60 (when looking around in the rooms) to 80+ (when I look down or at the walls).

Edit:

My desktop:

ATi 5970

i7 930 2,8 ghz

6 GB RAM

And I also use a performance fix for Skyrim. It's a d3d9.dll .

Edited by Naith

*Bump / Update*

I tried to change the iPresentInterval=0 to 1 and it cappend the framerate at 60 but this sound does still occur... Even at 60 fps. I wonder what can be causing this...

Edit:

And I found a video of the sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucXHTE1tPkk

Note that the sound is there before he starts messing with the rabbits.

My new theory is that the sound comes from npcs, and it triggers by high fps. When I type "killall" in an Inn the sound stops.

I'll just hope this problem goes away after a while... since I don't know any ways of fixing this... :/

Edited by Naith

Try waiting 10 in-game days in another location. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/psyduck.gif