Is there a way to be invisible to enemies oblivion?

Ru5tyShackleford

EDIT: WOW I'm an idiot. I meant to say "like oblivion" in the title.

I like to run around and make NPCs fight each other. In oblivion I was able to use console commands to make myself a set of armor that provides 100% invisibility, which allows me to watch all I want without the enemies focusing on me. However, I have no idea if this is possible in skyrim or not, which makes watching fights tedious. Does anyone know a way or a mod that could help me be ignored by all NPCs?

TL'DR: Is there any way to make ALL enemies/npcs ignore me?

Edited by RustyShackleford69

I just tried the "ring of invisibility" mod, but enemies saw me immediately.

The default skyrim invisibility stuff isn't what I'm looking for. Skyrim's "invisibility" still allows enemies to see you and try to fight me.

In oblivion, 100% invisibility would make you impossible to detect. Even if you ran up and started wailing on someone no one could do anything about it.

Also, no idea what >:8o means.

Hmm. Maybe they considered it an exploit and removed it from TES V?

Perhaps it could be combined with 100% Sneak? I am not modding at the moment, so don't have time to look into it. Illusion spells like Calm can remove all threat from you so monsters ignore you, but to get them to attack each other you'd have to use Fury or Mayhem et al and be invisible.

I am surprised that monsters can detect you when Invisible, though. Dragons, fair enough, as they usually can in most AD&D-type S&S games, or any creature with very high Intelligence. But normal mobs should not.

>:8o is an emoti-con of my own design. It's also a sign-out "sig".

~.~

Yea, it was definitely removed on purpose. Probably the reason chameleon isn't in Skyrim.

I don't think however skyrim's system work I can't get the results I want the normal way. Is there a console command that could add me too ALL factions? In Fallout 4 there is a Captive faction that makes almost all factions non-hostile. If all else fails I could just start adding myself to all the factions I can.

Thank you by the way!

Invisibility is not something I've really looked into, except from the odd potion (and I think that might have been from my unpublished alchemy mod - I forget if they are in Vanilla or Legendary). My characters tend to be Druid/Ranger/Hunter wilderness types, or stealthy Thieves and Bards with the excellent mods there are for Bards.

I like trying to recreate Daggerfall classes, like Nightblades (Illusionist/Thief), and so on, or standard AD&D classes in my character design and play style.

But Skyrim is very different from Oblivitard (my least favourite) and has improvements and nerfs compared with Morrowind and Daggerfall. Being invisible and watching as your enemies kill each other may not be possible in the way it was, so you might have to develop a new play style. but killing things yourself is a lot more fun, I find.

There are videos on YouTube of some guy playing a Pacifist Monk. He used Illusion to Calm all enemies and Fury to get them to kill each other. His goal was to complete the game without ever personally killing so much as a skeever. You could try that. I think it's the nearest I can think of off-hand, and does not need Invisibility due to the magick.

There are also Mods for playing an Unarmoured, Unarmed Combat Monk, which replaces some Feats (or is it Perks?) and tries to improve the somewhat Gimped unarmed combat system in Skyrim.

As for the console, I would strongly recommend that you never, never EVER mess with that unless you really, really, REALLY know what you are doing very, very well. Unless you don't mind deleting characters and restarting a lot. Especially with factions and forcing quest stages. You could try searching the nexus for such a mod.

I don't know if it's possible to join all factions, but if it were, you would never be able to kill anything at all. I also have no idea what would happen if you were in two factions that are mortal enemies, although that seems to happen in Vanilla with the Werewolf and Vampire factions, which is just daft to my mind.

Anyway, good luck with your search. Try The Nexus Mods, AFK Mods, the Bethesda forum etc. And, if all else fails, there may be something on Steam Workshop, although that's the last place I'd ever get a mod.

>:8o

Ahh...

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Invisibility_(effect)

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Invisibility_(Skyrim)

This is your problem:

Alchemy description: Invisibility for <dur> seconds.
Invisibility makes the target become completely invisible for the duration of the spell.
Although you cannot be seen when you are invisible, you can still be heard, meaning enemies may still detect you.
You are more likely to be detected if you:
  1. move too close to an enemy.
  2. swing a weapon (even if you don't hit someone with it).
  3. run into a mobile object or walk on a trap.
  4. make noise, including casting the spell without using the Quiet Casting perk.
Invisibility will end if the caster:
  1. Activates an item (including: using levers and buttons, opening doors and containers, grabbing and stealing items).
  2. Uses a magical effect other than invisibility (including spells, potions, and scrolls).
  3. Interacts with a character (including attack, pickpocket, and dialogue).
I am intrigued now.
I'd like to make an Improved Invisibility spell, which includes Muffle and Quiet Casting. Or a ring. It should be possible.
There are already items in the game with Muffle on a pair of boots etc.
Sadly, as i say, I am not modding Skyrim at the moment, but it's on my Wish List.
:sad:(