Total/Complete Darkness in dungeons.

domaik

I second this. I think they wanted to brilliantly show off their creations with specific area lighting (which looks nice most of the time) but is not true to the RP aspect of the world - yes.. these places would most likely not be lit - especially natural caves or barrows where no one has been (supposedly) in a long time...

Its good to see we have some immersion demanding RPers out there...

glad to read your comment ^^

I'm also asking for more immersion in the game's world, things like disabling fast travels to make it more real, with only carriage to main cities, disabling markers on map.....map is the Omniscient God right now it tells you everything and I think it'd be cool to have to do some research or ask people to get to know where this place you want is, or where this person you need to talk to went and etc...

and maybe a mod to make character need to eat....who knows I just want to get more immersion in the game's world....

but again creation kit would be needed

The problem is, the difference between night and daytime is really negligable. Does anyone here ever use torches even at night? even in overcast moonless nights?

Imo, a darkness mod has to have several key aspects;

1) Pitch dark dungeons (you can't see your hand in front of your face without a torch). There are some dungeons with lighting in them, thats fine, the area around them can be lit, there's no reason to change that, but areas without lighting should be dark, should be obvious here.

2) It should be very dark outside at night. Not pitch dark when there's a good full moon outside, (is there any way to get ambient lighting from the moon to affect the level of light outside?) When it's overcast ... at the very least, it should be VERY dark outside at night. People walk around with torches for a reason. Go outside at night wherever you live, somewhere without streetlights, and you will see just how bloody dark it is, you can't see anything without lighting.

3) The sky should be bright (when it's not covered up by clouds)

4) The lighting should NOT affect daylight levels. Some of the mods out there right now make it darker during the day too, in order to try to make it darker at night.

• 2 months later...