TES VI & TES VII Ideas

capperz412

People are getting bored of the over-used European Medieval theme, so I think we need something exotic like Morrowind again. I thought about Elsweyr; deserts, jungles and tribal warriors would be awesome, but I'd get tired of Khajiits. Plus, I think the general public would ridicule a game full of furries. ALSO it would attract a fur-fag community, and that's the last thing we want.

So then I pondered Black Marsh, but came to the conclusion that dark, bleak marshes would just get old. Plus there'd be too many Argonians. Don't get me wrong, I love Argonians, but like with the Khajiits I'd get sick of them.

We've already been to High Rock (it's too similar to Skyrim anyway) and Hammerfell seems quite interesting, but I don't know.

So where could we go that's exotic, mysterious and fits with the storyline and would be a huge opportunity for Lore?

...Summerset Isle.

That and maybe Valenwood in one game. We literally know nothing of Summerset Isle and with the Thalmor and everything, it'd fit in well.

In Elder Scrolls VII, if the series is still alive, they should spend a good 5-7 years (like they did with Morrowind) to make a game in Akavir. They'd have a helluva lot of time to write Lore and create the races of Akavir; the Kamal, Tsaesci, Tang Mo and Ka Po' Tun. They'd also have plenty of time to create the cities and backstories, and a plotline. And within that time they'd possible be able to revolutionise like they did with Morrowind again :)

Give me your thoughts on this please :)

I would focus on TES6 for now and i think many People are choosing Summerset Isle all over the Forums, maybe because its Hot and Summery.

Makes me wonder how many Years they will set the Next Timeline, how many Years was after each Game, i suppose Skyrim 200 Years after Oblivion is the Biggest.

I wonder how they will explain the Dovakhin, since i might not be one nomore after choosing a New Character and the Dragons are only in Skyrim after the MQ so the Game wont feel so empty.

I also wonder how they will explain the Imperial/Storm Cloak part in the Game, since your Character can only join one of them.

I hope they will mention the New High King/Queen, because after the Joinable Sides, i was expecting Me or Elisif/Ulfric to be one.

Edited by daventry

I'd love for the next leap to be to have more than one province in the single game.

Assuming the next game is a few years down the track, it's not unreasonable to expect something a bit more adventurous. Hell, I'd even be happy to see a really solid base game and then each province released as an expansion, each with their own major quests as well as minor ones.

Provided the expansions weren't shallow (i.e. Sims money-grabbing-style) it would actually make a refreshing change to have such a large amount of variety in a single game instead of having years between games and only getting a single province per game.

There's also a certain appeal in the idea of expansions to fill things out. So often you simply can't get everything in to a single game and rely on mods for major filler.

Expansions might broaden the horizon a bit. And they would certainly provide a lot of room for plenty of exotic regions and quests galore.

If you'll excuse the example, it reminds me a bit of the Unique Landscapes concept: Each expansion unique in itself, yet still complimentary to its counterparts.

From a creative perspective, it would be a fantastic way to design distinct provinces and yet keep it all in the one game - in a sense.

Edited by Brittainy

I like the idea of releasing all of Tamriel in pretty TES5 rendering capabilities. However, since that was not the gist of the post, my response to the OP would be:

They need to get away from the Blades. Every time the main protagonist is always "pushed" into helping the blades and in many cases, its a necessary "componant" of the main quest. I'd agree, Summerset Isle is the next likely location - and I would love to see it - but we need a different main plot. Already we have the main 3 plots for each main class: mage, thief, warrior ... and they have been very similar (albiet necessary) since MW.

We need a new main plot with something besides the Blades.

p.s. I love the blades, its just getting old (and yes it was cool that you could be a blade and have that "work" RPly with any class you chose.)

People are getting bored of the over-used European Medieval theme, so I think we need something exotic like Morrowind again. I thought about Elsweyr; deserts, jungles and tribal warriors would be awesome, but I'd get tired of Khajiits. Plus, I think the general public would ridicule a game full of furries. ALSO it would attract a fur-fag community, and that's the last thing we want.

So then I pondered Black Marsh, but came to the conclusion that dark, bleak marshes would just get old. Plus there'd be too many Argonians. Don't get me wrong, I love Argonians, but like with the Khajiits I'd get sick of them.

We've already been to High Rock (it's too similar to Skyrim anyway) and Hammerfell seems quite interesting, but I don't know.

So where could we go that's exotic, mysterious and fits with the storyline and would be a huge opportunity for Lore?

...Summerset Isle.

That and maybe Valenwood in one game. We literally know nothing of Summerset Isle and with the Thalmor and everything, it'd fit in well.

In Elder Scrolls VII, if the series is still alive, they should spend a good 5-7 years (like they did with Morrowind) to make a game in Akavir. They'd have a helluva lot of time to write Lore and create the races of Akavir; the Kamal, Tsaesci, Tang Mo and Ka Po' Tun. They'd also have plenty of time to create the cities and backstories, and a plotline. And within that time they'd possible be able to revolutionise like they did with Morrowind again :)

Give me your thoughts on this please :)

'Fur fag'? Really?