Pre-CK list of Immersion-Breakers

PR4Y

more of an off-topic suggestion, but if you get some voice actors to help you, think it would be possible to make the 'arrow in the knee' phrase be said less often? or maybe give it some diversity?

eg: "I used to be a hunter, but then i took a rabbit in the knee..." or ' I used to patrol the roads, but then an elk stabbed me in the *** ."

One of the guards' dialogs probably checks your skills and depending on the highest one, you get a phrase like 'I see you're good with a bow" , 'If i catch you with that hand in my pocket, i'll cut it off' , 'think you can enchant my blade? it's been a little dull' or something like that. You think this might be changed a bit so you don't get it from 3 guards in a row?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in Oblivion's construction set you had have an option in Quest line to mark some NPC statements "say just once" . Quests in Bethesda's games have a marked stages like 100 - 200 - 300 - 350 and so on. every time you finished one stage game actually wait till you get procede to another stage. I think that is case also in Skyrim. So I presume that will be very easy to make different NPC responde after different stage finished.

Kodlak in the Companions upon your initiation into the group comments, "Go see Eorland about a suitable weapon to replace... whatever that is."

"That" is an ebony warhammer, dickface.

It's just not a necessary line. I know you can't change it because his lines are unique, but it would have been better to say "Welcome Companion. Go see Eorlund and he'll fix you up with some new equipment if you like."

So true! It seems like 99% of Skyrim is populated by condescending dicks. Other examples:

Some dick in Whiterun: "Do you ever get to the cloud district? What am I saying... of course you don't." (*censored*, I'm the Thane of Whiterun AND I have over 100k gold AND I won your petty war AAAAAAAND I killed a Dragon God and all his Priests. I eat Dragons for breakfast, and you're gonna disrespect me like that? Eat a cock, a**hole.)

^^^^I actually ended up just killing this ass cuz of his constant disrespect for me.

A lot of others have already been mentioned like the "So you can cast a few spells. Am I supposed to be impressed?"

Also, what's with the guards demanding you stop "that shouting"? I'm the goddamn Dragonborn, or didn't you HEAR? I saved your entire world from doom, and you're gonna demand that I stop shouting? STFU!

Those two bitches in Solitude who make fun of your clothes. Once, I was literally wearing the exact same clothes as this prostitute, which in fact I bought from her store, and she makes fun of them. I should have just stabbed her in the tit right then, but I didn't want her AIDS blood on my sword.

Besides the condescending dialogue, I really get sick of hearing the same voices over and over. I would seriously consider getting a quality microphone and providing some dialogue in different voices.

EDIT: Oh and another thing. The way people constantly think you have any interest in them, just because you happen to be standing near them. In Windhelm, there's a little market area, and behind this one chick there's an arcane enchanter. I would frequently buy things from her and then enchant them to improve my enchanting, then sell them back to her. The whole time I'm standing there doing my thing, she's constantly asking me what I want. I don't want anything, dummy. I'm busy, so shut the hell up for two seconds, damn.

Then there's a wrinkly old lady in the Bard's College. I was doing something, don't remember, but I happened to be standing near her and the whole time she's like, "What do you want?" and "What is it?" and stuff. NOTHING, grandma. I'm busy arranging books/staring at the wall/jerking off, just shut. the. eff. up already.

I know there's more, but I can't remember all of them. People shouldn't constantly think you give two shits about them just because you happen to be within 10 feet of them.

Edited by OrphenFire

I have some acting experience and some recording equipment. I can probably even pull off some of the existing characters, if not my step bro is a wiz with the audio softwares and he loves tes games enough to help.

I'd really like to be able to contribute more to the modding community but I've got a kid coming in April or May so I'll be lucky to get much play time after that. Told my wife we should name him Talos and she likes it. XD

Anyway, I'll dig around for my old mixer and see if I can't get a decent sound out of it.

As for my immersion breaker I'd have to say that when you shout in front of people they should know who you are.

Would it be totally crazy for a bunch of voice actors to redo the entire dialogue, add new conversations etc to make it completely consistent?

This wouldn't be crazy at all... and eventually, that's what I'm planning on doing here. I definitely need to wait for the CK to come out before any of the re-dialogue work is done, as I will easily be able to export the STT (speech to text) / caption data, and then from there give my different voice actors scripts to record.

I imagine once the CK is out, this will take very little time to get everything running... it's just going to be gathering Voice Actors that will be the biggest challenge.

To start, I plan on simply removing the speech in question, and replacing it with corresponding text. As the mod continues in development, I will add incremental patches that add the voice content to the mod.

Finding the voice actors is only half the challenge. You'll get plenty of volunteers... and you'll get people with enough talent to pull it off... what you wont get is people with the necessary equipment to make it sound half decent. Good luck.

I'll have to acquire the necessary equipment, but when I do, I'll be on board. I am hoping to do a few mods that'll require original voice talent, so I'll need it anyways. I think I can act OK, and do a couple of decent accents, so I might be able to pull off several roles. Not that I have the best voice for it, but it's just more variety.

Finding the voice actors is only half the challenge. You'll get plenty of volunteers... and you'll get people with enough talent to pull it off... what you wont get is people with the necessary equipment to make it sound half decent. Good luck.

I'll have to acquire the necessary equipment, but when I do, I'll be on board. I am hoping to do a few mods that'll require original voice talent, so I'll need it anyways. I think I can act OK, and do a couple of decent accents, so I might be able to pull off several roles. Not that I have the best voice for it, but it's just more variety.

Seconded.

In fact you dont need the CK to start making the audio mod. Download a BSA opener and get to work making a sorted list of all files in the voice thing, then hand out the list to any voice acting volunteers... easier said then done i know, but with how badly skyrim needs this, it wont be hard to get help

I have access to some very good recording equipment, and I also have amateur acting experience (starred in some college plays). I'd be very willing to provide a voice, and my acting friends would get a kick out of it as well.

Also, Farengar annoys me to no end. He just complains and complains about the war and asks me if I'm there to discuss it. Plus he tells me to go check out the College every time I finish buying and selling! I'm the bloody Arch-mage!!! It's either change his dialogue or decapitation at this point...