Pre-CK list of Immersion-Breakers

PR4Y

Great idea, english is not my 1st language, but my strong slavic accent may suit for some stupid guard or something. So feel free to contact me for some voice acting when CK come.

Now about immersion breaker.

I am 280 hrs in game, Thane of all holds, Archmage, saved the world by killing "Worldeater", every guard knows that I've take care of DB by killing them all, not to mention that I've always helped in random encounters with Companions.

Today when I've started Companion quest line it hits me more tha arrow in the knee when I heard "I've never heard about him" or something like that. No need to tell that guy get fireball in the head and then reload :whistling:

"To change that whatever it is..." (about weapon is already mentioned. It is Legendary Daedric bow you idiot. And yes I am using it just for hunting, because I am mage and Dragonborn and I can afford it you old moron. :armscrossed:

Whole concept about Archmage joining Companions is wrong. They are against magick, in fact they despise mages. I did not want to spoil myself anything so I started that quest line without knowing all that. Now I see that it would be better to leave it for my second char, like I've done with Thieves and DB. They just did not suit me for this char.

Untill we wait for CK i am recommending No NPC Greetings mod.

It is lifesaver for many residents of Skyrim since I am using it :tongue:

========================================

DESCRIPTION

========================================

For me, one of the most frustrating things in Skyrim is having an unrelated NPC speaking over the top of an important speech, just because they walked past you and decided to tell you about themselves. This mod stops all that, either by eliminating the chatter entirely or by reducing the distance required between the player and an NPC before they'll start talking to you outside of dialogue mode.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that really bothers me is when the guards say something along the lines of "maybe I'm the dragonborn and I just don't know it yet" ...um? Hellooooo? You're speaking to the dragonborn! I even fus ro'd your face a month ago for pissing me off. You told me to stop shouting!

But I haven't finished the main quest, I don't know if doing so gets rid of that dialog or not.

A mayor inmersion breaker is the NPC over the top walking speed and low the very ground running speed.

They walk like twice your own speed and run like half your runing speed... WTF, is imposible to keep the peace with them.

Or you walk and are leaved way behind or you run breaking all the "coolness" about walking like badasses arround the town with that NPC... When in dungeons or in journeys, you have to stop every 5 meters to not leave the NPC behind...

Just dug this topic up again after a few days since I'm still DYING for the CK release... and I wanted to let everyone know that I AM still paying attention to this topic, and keeping track of all these suggestions!!!

We all are in for a good treat when the CK comes out, I promise you :)

KEEP THEM COMING, AS ALWAYS :-D I want to make this the biggest and best Character / AI Awareness mod on the nexus, so as long as the ideas keep coming in we will get there someday (when the CK is released -.-)

Actor Name: A few of the NPCs in the Thieves Guild

Actor Location: Ratway Cistern

Speech in question: Whenever I return to the Cistern, I get all sorts of smack talk from various thieves. One of them addresses me with something like 'Not you again. Haven't you caused enough problems?" or something to that effect. Others give me sort of grunts or "Whattya Want? I'm Busy!" type replies. It's like, "Ummm, I saved the thieves guild and am now the leader. How about some respect?!"

Suggested Alternative Speech: More along the lines of "Hey Boss!" or "Welcome Back Boss!". A few know I'm Dark Brotherhood, as well, so it'd be nice if they addressed me with some fear/reverence rather than "Hey, you're not supposed to be in here!" when I'm walking around the training room with the locked chests!

Don't know if this has been said before or not but here's a big one for me:

Anything along the lines of "Ulfric Stoarmcloak is the best hope Skyrim's got! He will rise up and be high king!" ...after finishing the civil war questline with the imperials. No dude, he really won't. Trust me.

Really the fact that everyone seems to think Ulfric is still alive and the war is still going on after the Battle At Windhelm really makes me feel like I did all that for nothing. Like the Jarl of Whiterun and General Tulius saying the only thing that will end the war is "Ulfric's head on a pike." Seriously? Want me to go get it for you? It's literally just sitting on the floor in Windhelm.

It is so incredibly annoying how after you join the Dark Brotherhood, guard that are passing by will whisper to you "psst... I know who you are. Hail Sithis." This is immersion-breaking for a 2 reasons:

1. If I'm a killer, which is against the law, and you're a guard, who enforces the law, should you be aresting, or at least questioning me?

2. How does everyone suddenly know I'm in the Dark Brotherhood, isn't it supposed to be hidden and secret? Maybe if I was walking around in the armor, but I prefer the thieves guild armor anyway so I only really wear the boots and gloves which arnt that flashy and barely even noticeable (by the way, this same problem appears with the thieves guild armor where guards say something like "you're not fooling anyone with that armor, thief." Yes, I'm a thief. Arrest me, interegate me, kick me out of town, do something other than just walk by!)

3. What's a guard doing saying "Hail Sithis" anyway? It might be because they're scared of me, but at lower levels you can still join the brotherhood and guards and kill you in seconds. And if he's serious, I don't think being a gaurd was his best career choice...

3. What's a guard doing saying "Hail Sithis" anyway? It might be because they're scared of me, but at lower levels you can still join the brotherhood and guards and kill you in seconds. And if he's serious, I don't think being a gaurd was his best career choice...

What other career choices does he have? he's not very nimble due to his wounded leg

In the College of Winterhold, the dark elf apprentice talks defensively about her race even when my character was a dark elf.

The kajheet travelers could greet you differently if you were a kajheet as well, same goes with all the races. Something along the line of "Geeetings fellow (race)", for the rarer races.