Dark Brotherhood Assasins

efikmalydoskonaly

Before I joined DB two assasins attacked me, they both had the letters from Astrid that I should be killed. I became intrigued by this, wanted to find out what Dark Brotherhood is and who is behind all of these, so I investigated, killed that Grelod lady to get their attention and finally I met Astrid. And now there's no dialogue option about that someone performed black ritual on me, I can't even ask who was it, is it all forgoten as I'm now in the Brotherhood or what? It kills the immersion for me. I hope it isn't main-quest tied and there wont be any more attacks as I progress in DB, because the lack of options to investigate is killing me. Someone has similar thoughts or maybe just few words whether it will get explained in a proper, logical way?

You seem to get Dark Brotherhood assassins in lieu of hired mercenaries, as long as you aren't a member of the Dark Brotherhood. I ended up getting assassins trying to kill my mage for things that had gotten my assassin hired mercenaries - i.e. the incident with Sven at Riverwood. I'd imagine you would only figure out who was responsible for hiring the Dark Brotherhood if you were aware of what actions would otherwise cause you to get mercenaries to hunt you down.

I was surprised to see how many assassins tried to kill me on the road. I was even more surprised how pathetic they were in combat. Two double cast firebolts and they were down.

My mage ended up killing a lot more members of the Dark Brotherhood than I'd anticipated. I guess that explains why there's so few members in the Sanctuary now. I'm more surprised that Astrid makes no mention of sending assassins to kill the protagonist once he's been "recruited" to join the Dark Brotherhood.

Edited by LobselVith66

I am not positive but the first time I played through I found a Ritual room inside the Black briar house in Riften and I was getting attacked by assassins every few in game days. Second play through (Non Stormcloak) no sacrifice room. So I think it is Maven who performs the black sacrament to have you killed. Also Mavens (Mother,Aunt,Grandmother?) in Whiterun is part of the quests for the Dark Brotherhood and she gives you a reading.