In dwemers we trust

Basaltface

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lachdonin I'm guessing the Nerevarine would take Hopesfire and Trueflame with him when he went to Akavir, as they are pretty sick :tongue: unfortunate for the Dragonborn (assuming we stick to lore on this point, of course)

However, lore does not say that similar weapons were not in existence, and finding/learning to craft and enchant such weapons would certainly be awesome.

Edited by SnowElf

@Lachdonin I'm guessing the Nerevarine would take Hopesfire and Trueflame with him when he went to Akavir, as they are pretty sick :tongue: unfortunate for the Dragonborn (assuming we stick to lore on this point, of course)

Which would be why i want them. Or at least Trueflame. For my own little nostalga driven side project, of course :P Alas, my skills are mainly in writing and character development, not modeling, so i rely on capable others whose work i can steal. Er... I mean... Find a good home for.

Still, Pyroil Tar may exist elsewhere, or even be makable. I have my own hypothesis on how to craft it, another thing i plan on exploring in said side project...

Edited by Lachdonin

Which would be why i want them. Or at least Trueflame. For my own little nostalga driven side project, of course :P Alas, my skills are mainly in writing and character development, not modeling, so i rely on capable others whose work i can steal. Er... I mean... Find a good home for.

Still, Pyroil Tar may exist elsewhere, or even be makable. I have my own hypothesis on how to craft it, another thing i plan on exploring in said side project...

As are mine (skills, that is) Curious, did they ever explain WHAT Pyroil Tar actually was? I don't remember them ever explaining where it came from in Tribunal..

As are mine (skills, that is) Curious, did they ever explain WHAT Pyroil Tar actually was? I don't remember them ever explaining where it came from in Tribunal..

Not really. All we know is that it burns for a long time, and sticks to weapons.

My hypothesis is that it's Fire Salt based. The tar would indicate it also has an oil as a liquifier, though it would probably be too fluid since it boils rather well, meaning you'd need some kind of emulsifier, such as troll fat or dreugh wax. Oil also tends to be combustable, so you'd need a temper, which, IMO, Daedra Blood would serve quite well as...

Can you tell i've put some needless thought into this? :P

*pats himself on the shoulder* Good boy.. you knew that would come. Lol jokes aside XD

Trueflame and hopesfire, the 2 most beautifull swords in tes in my eyes. Im quite sure that there will be somewhere a book or a scroll that menton those epic strong blades and maybe there will be a scroll or a book that could say how they could had worked. A recipe for that odd oil that was needed for the trueflame should be quickly made, and i guess if a blacksmith gets a drawing and the right materials for it...then it could be forged "rather easily" (if easy fits to dwemer thingies).

Similar it could be with hopesfire..but i dont know so far how to explain the hopesfire on the hopesfire XD. Anyways..if such blades will be to find in my mods, then they will NOT be the real ones..they will be fake ones, replicas better said and they will be also needed to be crafted with the fitting materials... or stuff that comes close to the materials of the true hopesflame and truthfire. Even so they would be nothing more then "burning" swords with the fitting enchantment, weight, range, speed and apperance of the ones in morrowind. But maybe ill script an "on\off button" for those swords. So that the player can shut the fire (and magic) off and on if needed. I can only speak for me here.. but i hate to waste the charges on a weapon, except i know im screwed without those charges. So i guess that "on\off" thingy will be made in a seperate plugin..cause not all like to play how i do.

Not enough? Then you can also craft yourself a spell that summons both at the same time..then you are the boss.

Still not enough? Want 2 handed versions? Got the blueprints and recipes? Then make them 2 handed. Or want daggers? Then make yourself daggers.

But be aware.. i will design fitting material for those things, only ONE set of ingots for each blade. And i can pre- tell you that they will not be easy to make.

You mad bro? Dont worry.. there will be always a "i dont give a s**t" plugin included that spawns a chest somewhere, and there ya can get everything without to actually work for it.

So.. now that this is from my desk..

@Snowelf: Your offer is wonderfull and it would be very helpfull :). I will add you and contact you about the details and full story of the questline as soon i worked out every single point. There are some smaller holes to fill, some diseases to "invent" or re-invent..i guess you get the idea.

huntsman2310: dwemer rollers huh? That sounds quite interresting :). I like how you mounted the blades on both arms on that model you got there.. gave me the idea for the "night centurio" on that i build arround atm. Think about a "ninja" centurion with a black shroud and thx to your thing here blades as hands.

I also like your helmed a lot, i guess that model would look good as mace head and pauldrons too, or a tiny version as necklace or maybe on a staff or a cross guard of a sword. With parts like this you can do a lot of things. Standalone it could be a part for a centurio or a nice decoration too.

I have an idea about a post I just read.

I was partially reading some of the posts and noticed someone mentioned a Dwemer race and possibly how it might break the lore...

So, I thought maybe you could make the Dwemer returning a follow-up quest to Arniel's Endeavor.

It could start after his quest by having you strike the warped gem as he did with Keening to teleport to wherever it may be that they ended up(I'd say that you could say that Stendarr was part of their disappearance and sent them to another plane).

During the quest as you try to get back to Skyrim and bring Arniel with you, you accidentally(lol) bring back the Dwemer to Skyrim(or all of the places they disappeared from) and you end up having a new main quest...involving all of the armor and stuff in this thread and the new threat of the Dwemer. :happy:

Sorry if this was long and irrelevant to the topic. :sweat: