In dwemers we trust

Basaltface

Dwemer.. who where they? Why they where able to create such machines? Why those machines still work after such a long time? Cause they are awesome...

But it seems nobody really cares about them except a few mages. Thats lousy. I mean..uhh.. hello? *points at a centurio* Ever saw such a thing in action?

And the centurio is just a small thingy those dwemer made. They made stuff that is able to keep up with the power of gods. Yep.. damm right, some of their machines where that awesome.

Now comes the big question.. What would happen if some guys remove their eyes from the books and actually start to disassemble dwemer stuff to see how it works.. or atleast try to understand how some

"basic dwemer mechanisms" (if you can even use this term for dwemer machines XD) work. Back engeneering..if you want to name it like this. If..uhh.. lets say a mage is smart enough to summon an atronach from

a different dimension or ressurect a corpse so a mage should be also smart enough to build dwemer machines.. or even invent new ones.

Over the years i play now the tes games i used my modest skills to create dwemer machines. Mostly weapons and stuff like that. But i was never able to actually make something good. But this should change now.

Nif scope was always my best friend to make my personal stuff by placing meshes together and so to create new stuff rather quickly. With gimp and photoshop i retextured stuff and well.. i was lucky with it.

I made mechanical claws out of dwemer junk, "backpacks" with cogwheels and tanks and in oblivion i made a mud crab with some parts i "stole" from dwemer related mods to a centurio spider. And i tell you.. it sucked. XD

Well.. back to the theme.

I plan to make a lot dwemer stuff in the future, and i already started. The following picture shows my "dwemer claw" that currently replaces my keening and the unifinished backpack that i made out of a quiver

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7813/uploadhd.jpg

Many of you might now think that this is nothing special... and yes, guys you are right. It is nothing special, everybody with basic nif scope knowledge could make such a thingy.

But thats not the point. The point here is that this is the beginning of something that will be big...in case i am smart enough to figure out how the pro creators outthere work. Scripting, meshing.. you know.

This lag of skill will not stop me from learning. So.. enough of this useless and somehow laughable speech and right into the facts of my future plans:

Dwemer equipment, new "magic" based on steam, poison gas, multi way weapons (like a sword with a flame thrower that is easy to change between sword and "staff" with a script..or if the fuel runs out. I guess you get the idea), more types of centurions and a way to controll them (maybe even to make wars against other guys). Locations...etc.

I am open for suggestions and any type of help, cause i know i will need all help i can get.

And thank you for taking your time and read this post. Alone that means already something.

ps: dont waste your time and seek for the claw and the backpack, for now those thingies are not on the internet, but as soon i figure out how to disassemble a dwemer armor you will find it in the mod "dwemomancer gear"

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually plan to take the whole arm of such a sphere and "mount" it on a fitting outfit. It seems to have the perfect size..but thats only a guess. Cause for now i cannot disassemble meshes like i was able in oblivion.

But it would be a freaky thing if the crossbow idea would work in a way. :)

I was thinking about "pimped up dwemer stuff" as well when i was making those first sketches of a 2h hammer:

Skyrim Mod Dwarven 2h hammer

I like the idea, i would like rifles as well...no modern stuff of course, something like a M1 Garand but dwemer style or older modells :biggrin:

i actually got a staff here that i made of dwemer scrap that resembles something between a scythe and a rifle thingy. This will replace in the next hours my staff of magus to test it out. Ill make sure that i place a screenshot here

and that hammer looks epic. I can imagine it with some brass on it..and maybe some spikes lol

Edited by Basaltface

so that works? Now thats good to know XD. Then i can already finish the "buzzaw" i modeled out of cogs and dragon priest daggers, sure.. it dont looks good if it dont rotates. Thanks ghogiel. Im glad that atleast some of the "old" things are still there.

already made a try, it looks perfect :) I make atm a 2 handed "buzzaw battle staff".. will be a warhammer for now. That totally makes my day XD.

Talos bless the lunatic dwemer contraptions that are now possible to create XD

Well.. and with that we got another weapon in the small collection. The "Dwemer war saw" XD

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7838/uploadvz.jpg

Cause of ghogiel´s wonderfull tip i was able to bring that thing to spin and give it some "live". This thing is for sure not the final version i will include in the upcoming mod (some issues with the blood display and its not as detailed as it should be), but the thing is rolling and im sure i will be able to place some nice armors and robes together.

Again thanks gorgiel for this slight kick in the right direction :)