In dwemers we trust

Basaltface

@ GeminiContractor: Thats quite some good idea, and if i look at the dwemer race idea from your point, then it would make sence. The keening dont gets much attention in skyrim, somehow odd if you think what this lil thing did in the past. (that you can touch it without the wraithguard ruins my day..but i will fix that for sure). Anyways.. back to the theme. Im quite sure that this would be a cool storyline, and your idea to make that to a follow up quest is also very good. Im quite sure that i could plot something out into that direction.. maybe also return the hammer thingy (that´s name i forgot, feel free to blame me).

And your post here is as welcome as any other post, i really like how ppl like you put some ideas together.. or discuss about dwemers. Feel free to post all ideas you want to share ;)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Basaltface So here's my idea for the Peryite quest:

From my point of view it makes sense that Peryite would have a big problem with Yagrum, being that Yagrum's immortality is given to him by corpus, a disease which Peryite had no part in creating and therefore sees as an affront to his lordship over pestilence. Yargrum has recently arrived in Skyrim and has taken up roost in a Dwemer ruin, and using a disease Peryite has raised a horde of Dwemer as bloodthirsty undead (this is only plausible lore-wise if they mummified their dead). Still, Yagrum has repelled their attacks so far with the Dwemer sentries and such, so Peryite decided to enlist the aid of his recently acquired champion, the Dragonborn, to go down into the ruin and kill Yagrum Bagarn. However, Peryite is unwilling to cure the disease he used to raise the Dwemer corpses, because he does not take back his unholy gifts. So therefore the Dragonborn must contend with both the Dwemer automatons and the murderous undead.

So the Dragonborn descends into the ruin and battles the zombies and the autos, who are also battling each other. This would be a good opportunity to break out some of those new sentries you guys are working on, showing of their power and variety. Finally the Dragonborn makes it to an empty chamber with just Yagrum alone in the middle of it. He greets the Dragonborn, telling him he is impressed by his prowess and determination at defeating the sentries, but that he can't possibly hope to win and should surrender. He goes on to say that he has an offer which will mutually benefit both of them, and that he would very much like not to kill such one as spirited as he. The Dragonborn can then agree to hear him out or say that he refuses to surrender. Either way, the Dragonborn will be knocked unconscious (I'm thinking by electric shock or poison, dispensed by a hidden Dwemer auto) and everything goes black.

When the Dragonborn awakens, he finds himself in a cage, with none of his equipment, in Yagrum's lab. Yagrum then explains to the Dragonborn couple of things. He wants the Dragon born to become his assistant in his research (which he does not specify the nature of yet, but you can prly guess) and in return he would begin educating the Dragonborn in the lost arts of the Dwemer, including the engineering and the expanded alchemy and whatever else we come up with. He then asks why the Dragonborn had come to kill him in the first place, to which the Dragonborn explains that he is acting under the orders of Peryite, the Lord of Pestilence, and that Peryite was also responsible for the undead Dwemer. Yagrum knows of Peryite, and understands that Yagrum's existence must seem like a breach of his domain. He decides that having a Daedric Prince with a vendetta against him would be counter-productive to his research, so he resolves to placate Peryite, playing off his pride and insecurity at being one of the weaker Daedric Princes. He says he will give the Dragonborn a staff that he recently crafted, which can be filled with any type of poison and will then spew it at foes. Yagrum tells the Dragonborn to tell Peryite that he has declared this staff the Staff of Peryite, and that he sends it as an offering to Peryite to show that he (Yagrum) is in submission to the Prince, and that he would like to make right the ill will between them however else he can. Yagrum tells the Dragonborn he is going to let him out and give him back his equipment, and that if he wants he can kill Yagrum, but then all of the secrets of the Dwemer will die as well. So the Dragonborn high-tails it back to Peryite...

In interest of the length of this post, I'll just summarize the ending. Peryite is sufficiently puffed up, he gives the Dragonborn the staff, and says that he plans to keep an eye on Yagrum as well as the Dragonborn, as he is a little irked that his champion didn't just do exactly as he asked. He also has more plans for the Dragonborn and Yagrum, and lets on that he will contact them in the future with more tasks. That quest ends, and a new one begins, which states to return to Yagrum to start working for him in order to learn the Dwemer's secrets.

Sooo...ya a little long. I just wanted to be as complete as possible. I'm sure you have better things in mind, but I just saw how this could both start the Dwemer questline and plus add an element with Peryite in it, which can also be revisited in the future. Hope it was of some benefit

Edited by SnowElf

Good storyline, but I'm actually intending on using my constructs as part of my own mod.

Lets just say it will involve several new locations including

-Kagrenac's workshop under the Throat of the world.

-The black city, a Dwemer Super Prison encased in a dome of ice on the sea of Ghosts.

one of the questlines in the mod will involve Tesseract and the black city as the end location.

Good storyline, but I'm actually intending on using my constructs as part of my own mod.

Lets just say it will involve several new locations including

-Kagrenac's workshop under the Throat of the world.

-The black city, a Dwemer Super Prison encased in a dome of ice on the sea of Ghosts.

one of the questlines in the mod will involve Tesseract and the black city as the end location.

Do you have the modding prowess to do all of that yourself? Or do you have a team?

I have a lot of freetime around the holidays until the end of January, and I'm pretty motivated in doing it myself.

I've already posted work on the nexus, things like Wyverns, Velociraptora and Dwemer constructs.

I lime to think that with enough effort and time, I can put my mind to anything.

I've posted this in two other Dwemer-themed mod topics and I feel I should share it here too. My mod will have a Dwemer ruin in it and I was having trouble coming up with a name for it as Bethesda's Dwemer name themes are very unique and it's hard to make one sound authentic. I looked at the names of the ruins in Morrowind and Skyrim and saw some patterns and copied them over to a random name generator. If you go to http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/, simply copy/paste

(a|beth|b|bth|mz|nch|e|i|o|u|t|v|k|d|r|rald|)(left|rkng|thand|uand|anch|ung|thumz|drus|casht|a|e|i|o|u|ahnch|ard|ahrk|umz|ingth|al|nzel|zel|bth)(a|beth|b|bth|mz|nch|e|i|o|u|t|v|k|d|r|rald|)(left|rkng|thand|uand|anch|ung|thumz|drus|casht|a|e|i|o|u|ahnch|ard|ahrk|umz|ingth|al|nzel|zel|bth)

into the blank box under Advanced Interface. This will give you 119 lore-friendly names for places.

I found this post today:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4819#content

It is a very detail model. BasaltFacc I think you and this guy definitely should work together.

Personally I dont think it's a good model for a "power armor" but as an android it would be perfect. All you have to do is design a new head. The idea of a steam armor is attractive tho. I would look into the design of some famous table top games such as "Iron Kingdom" by Privateer Press for more references.

@ SnowElf: Well.. needless to say that this would be an awesome idea. The last dwemer ever as "teacher" for dwemer engeneering. My idea sucks balls if i compare it to yours XD. I totally like that idea and it truly sounds like an interresting quest. But instead of a staff i would go with something unique.. but such things are little details that are not that important atm. I really gonna take a closer look into your idea and i think that it could happen. Specially cause of the "Peryite themed" dwemer stuff i make atm (a lot of glass tubes and tanks with mean looking liquids, probably the first dwemer gas mask in tes ever and a bunch of weapons that use stuff like rotten heads and hearts as "epidemics source" yet still keep some cogs turning)

@Adolon: thanks a lot for that wonderfull tool, saves a lot of troubles in the name creation :)

@ ededed117: you are right, its a wonderfull model.. but i wont use that as armor playable armor. But as you mentoned with a fitting helmed\head it would be perfect for a centurio foot soldier. (and it looks better then the model i made -.-) Thanks a lot for the link, im quite sure that i will as this creator for permission to use his creation in my mods.