In dwemers we trust

Basaltface

The Dwemer seem to be based on Babylonian peoples. I would go towards a more structured idea, as we all know the level of sophistication and ability present in their architecture, for one. Go for a more Art Deco Design, as it seems to be the main idea in skyrim.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Basaltface I am glad you like it. I have a lot of ideas for the questline. The Peryite-Yagrum relationship is an interesting element to play with, story-wise. The way Yagrum appears to be subservant to Peryite, but is really just placating him. And the way Peryite doesn't quite trust him, or even the Dragonborn. I'm glad you mentioned it to me. I find it a bit perplexing that Peryite's Daedric artifact (Spellbreaker) is Dwemer made. There might be a story to tell behind that as well. I also had the idea that maybe Peryite doesn't know Yagrum is a dwarf, and his reaction at finding out might be interesting...

But those are just random thoughts. I have a more solid plotline idea, but I'd rather not post it all on the forum, cause if you use some of it I'd rather have it spoiled :smile:

If you are interested in hearing it, I'd be happy to PM it to you.

I also am working on learning actual modding, but am still less than a noob. Once I start to get better at it, hopefully I'll be able to contribute more. For now, my talents are limited to questline.

@ SnowElf: sure mate, go on and pm me your ideas. Well.. i wont say that im a full noob.. lets say im an advanced noob with some nif scope knowledge, a lot of gimp and photoshop knowledge..a bit scripting and (hopefully) ck knowledge and very low blender knowledge... but i work on that atm lol. The meshes of skyrim give me a headache atm cause im not able to disassemble and assemble them like i was able in oblivion and morrowind..but i do hope that i figure that out completely in the next time. If that is done.. then there will be no (mayor) problems ahead lols.

@huntsman2310 Ya I know, but the story lies in WHY he has it and WHY he bestows it upon his champion. Which also asks what is Peryite's connection to the Dwemer. Answering these could give interesting backstory into one or more characters and provide motivation for future actions. ¿Comprendes?

Ditto. BTW I hit a bit of a snag writing my full plot line. I have been reading up a LOT of lore stuff, and I found a conflicting issue with what I had written. So as a result I've had to back track a bit. Plus I have to prepare a sermon for a couple weeks and have gotten a little behind with that :happy:

Rest assured I'll get it to you at some point in the near future. I figure it's not that big of a deal since the fracking CK isn't even out yet :P

well.. as long the ck isnt outhere there will be for sure no mod XD. And even after the release it will take a while until everything is done, the voices and stuff..and id like to show off some awesome scripts, specially for weapons and traps. And there should be also enough action.. even such "team death matches" like the stormcloak\legion quest displayed already. I love them a lot..and maybe this can be spiced up with siege weapons..who knows what the ck is able to do lol.

I love them a lot..and maybe this can be spiced up with siege weapons..who knows what the ck is able to do lol.

I can assure you that siege weapons would not be needed. As shown in Blood Moon, werewolves are perfectly capable of tearing down fortified castle walls without any trouble at all. Just need to slap a few slave collars on them and use them instead. Catapults are so last age :P

On a serious note, i do agree the 'battles' in Skyrim are something thats going to be fun to toy with. There are also incedents in game already where you can fire the mounted Dwemer ballistae, though its only at fixed locations... Should be interesting to look at...