In dwemers we trust

Basaltface

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still thinking of the final design for his raiment.

I think I'll remove the Psijic pauldrons with the flame pattern, and put the Dwemer pauldrons in their place. This will reduce clipping and make it look nicer.

Okay, on what?

My quest mod will involve going to a Dwemer ruin. One of the rooms will be a large atrium. In the middle of the atrium will be the Dwemer head icon, the one that appears all over the place on the arches of doors and on pillars. The gold head with helmet. The head will cover a large area as I'm going to blow it up and put it facing eyes to the ceiling. The room will have this huge head in the middle and I'm worried that by blowing it up to a large scale, the texture it already has on it will look terrible as it increases in size. I'd like a high quality retexture of the whole piece for my project.

Thanks!

Well I messed around a bit with some objects in blender, and I think that the texture should stay intact even if its made bigger.

Usually the texture only stretches horribly if you move around a part of the object (e.g making the nose longer to make it look like Pinnochio or something.)

I'll play around with the model and texture and show you the results.

You know, I just realized I could probably be doing this myself. Although, I haven't tried it and have no idea if it would work. I could use the placeatme command to get the head and then use the command to increase its size and see what happens. No idea if this would work. Thanks for helping!