Upper Body Distortion problem!

Lumbardil

Hi guys, this is my first post. I've searched throughout the community but didn't find anything similar.

The problem is: I installed Neo's Morrigan mod, doing it the right way through OBMM creating .omod file doing BSA redirection and all that. But when i started the game and tried one of my new suites(!), the upper section of the body (mainly boobs), got ultra-distorted. This is happening only with the items that mess up with this section. For example, if i equip the boots or the gloves of the neo morrigan set, there is no distortion. I tried other similar mods but have the same problem, so it's nothing wrong with the mod.

I seriously being trying to fix this for hours, so any help will be much appreciated!

There is no mention of BBB in the mod description, but it does mention the Vipcxj's Real High Heels System. It offers an alternative to using that system, that being using the normal boot version instead of the high boot version, so first off make sure you're on the appropriate one for your situation. On the off chance that it does require a BBBed skeleton and just neglects to mention it, would 'boobs to infinity' describe your 'distortion'? If that's the case get Universal Skeleton Nif and install the one in the ControlableSkeleton folder. I wouldn't use OBMM for that myself ... just right click on the 'Data' folder that is in the ControlableSkeleton folder and select 'Copy' from the right click menu and then navigate to your game install's 'Oblivion' folder and select paste from that right click menu. When it gives you the warning about existing folders just select 'Yes to All'.

If you have been trying to use the high heels version but have not installed Vipcxj's Real High Heels System you will need to get that installed before your problem will go away.

Ah what the hell, this looks nifty, so I'll load it up and take a look.

Well, its not BBB, so thats not the problem.

Works fine for me in both RHH and non-RHH versions. Screenshot

Maybe you messed something up when converting it to an OMOD? I changed it to a BAIN archive, and it installed fine.

Edited by Nephenee13

Striker879, boobs to infinity is the exact problem. I tried to install Universal Skeleton Nif, but i don't have any folder inside oblivion directory with the name ControlableSkeleton.

Nephenee13, can you tell me how to convert from OMOD to BAIN?

Thanks in advance guys!

Edit: i wil upload some screenshots later.

Edited by Lumbardil

Striker879, boobs to infinity is the exact problem. I tried to install Universal Skeleton Nif, but i don't have any folder inside oblivion directory with the name ControlableSkeleton.

Nephenee13, can you tell me how to convert from OMOD to BAIN?

Thanks in advance guys!

Edit: i wil upload some screenshots later.

Strange, that outfit isn't BBB enabled, you didn't also install this right?

Also, there isn't a "controllable skeleton" folder. Inside the "Controlable Skeleton" folder in the mod, there is a folder called "Data", THAT is what you drop into your Oblivion folder. Take some time and learn how your Data folder works. Its important if you are going to use mods.

As for BAIN, you need Wrye Bash, which is far more powerful than OBMM. More complicated, and slightly scary. But very much worth learning to use. It will make your life easier.

Anyway, installing the Universal Skeleton will fix your problem, guaranteed. Though I don't know why you are having it with a non-BBB outfit.

Edited by Nephenee13

As Nephenee has pointed out, you don't want to copy the entire ControlableSkeleton folder, just the Data folder (along with all the contents of the Data folder) that is inside the ControlableSkeleton folder. I use the right click menu for that.

Open the ControlableSkeleton folder in Windows Explorer (if you extracted the downloaded file UniversalSkeletonNIF181-37596-1-81.7z to your desktop then double click the folder ControlableSkeleton and it will open in Windows Explorer). With the ControlableSkeleton folder open in Windows Explorer you should see a folder called Data. Single click with the right mouse button and a menu will come up. Select Copy and then navigate in Windows Explorer to where you have installed your game. Move up the directory (folder) tree until you see the folder Oblivion in Windows Explorer. Right click the Oblivion folder and select Paste. You will get a prompt about there already being a folder named Data. Click 'Yes to All' and overwrite (if you've never install a modded skeleton no files will be overwritten ... when folder names are the same only the contents of the folders are actually copied). The rule of thumb to keep in mind when manually installing with copy and paste is always paste into one directory level higher than you copied from. Example ... if you copy the 'meshes' folder you paste into the 'Data' folder. If you look at the contents of that Data folder you just copied from (the Data folder that you extracted from the download) you will see the following folder (directory) structure ... ControlableSkeleton\Data\Meshes\Characters\_1stperson and ControlableSkeleton\Data\Meshes\Characters\_Male. The _1stperson folder will have a single file (skeleton.nif) and the _Male folder will have two files (skeleton.nif and skeletonbeast.nif). The names of these files and folder structure they are located in must be exactly that or the game won't find them. When you have successfully copied them to your game install the folder structure must be Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_1stperson and Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_Male, with the correct files in each folder.

Make sure you delete the ControlableSkeleton folder that you copied to your Oblivion folder by mistake while all this is fresh in your mind. Having it there won't screw anything up in your game (as even though the correct files are there they aren't in the correct directory structure and so the game won't find them). You want to keep your game install folder as tidy as possible for when you are troubleshooting other things down the road (I even keep notes to myself in text files in my MyBackup folder so I can recall what I did and why in the future ... the things you learn to do when you get older).

The only other situation you need to consider is we haven't asked you what other mods you have installed. Some mods require a certain skeleton to work (example the Vipcxj's Real High Heels System I mentioned above requires this skeleton we've been suggesting ... that will also work with a great many other mods, e.g. BBBed armor and clothes). Two popular mods in particular spring to mind for me that require a different skeleton from this one are Deadly Reflex 6 and Unnecessary Violence II. If you are using (or plan to use) either of them you'll need the BBB DeadlyReflex6UnnecessaryViolenceII CompatibilitySkeleton instead.