STeam

Gabrielxoxo

Steam reached a new level of abuse to me today... when I open it I see in my library a game I'm not minimal interested, ready to be installed for play the weekend and whatever happens afterward... Well, I did not ask for it, I don't want it, I want not anything insinuating subrepticiously inside my machine. Some may find it wonderful that Steam is so "caring" for their users... but is not like I see this kind of marketing.

It isn't on your computer in any way shape or form until you install it.

Steam didn't put anything on your computer.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steam reached a new level of abuse to me today... when I open it I see in my library a game I'm not minimal interested, ready to be installed for play the weekend and whatever happens afterward... Well, I did not ask for it, I don't want it, I want not anything insinuating subrepticiously inside my machine. Some may find it wonderful that Steam is so "caring" for their users... but is not like I see this kind of marketing.

WHAT?

It's a weekend pass, that doesn't install anything at all until you CHOOSE to install it. If you don't want to play it, don't install it. It will be removed from your Steam library after the weekend.

Damn, people will also complain about just about anything. How can the OPTION to install and test a game be considered abuse?

I've seen a lot legitimate complaints about Steam over the last week, but this is so absurd it didn't even evoke a facepalm. More like a facedesk.

Also, three Steam threads? Really?

Edited by Halororor

DRM has always been a brutal business as long there were computers, where at least as many legit costumers got injured by "friendly fire", as "copy-parasites". (for not misusing a word which means robbing ships). Steam is just the 2011 version of "What word is in page X on Line Y manual questions" in the 1980ies. Putting strange lenses and optical filtering constructs on gibberish paper , Laser Locking on CDROMs, installing root kits, altering you sector 0 (FlexNet) and destroying your Linux boot loader in the way or simply delivering broken discs that some drives they tested might just have been able to read anyway.

Steam is like a nice friends, achivement system, mixed in with stores and groups with digital downloading.. but its also basicly a anti theft system, dont really understand why people complain, the program is not that bad, if it takes up cpu usage just set it to not use as much cpu..

I looove steam but thats just my opinion

Steam is like a nice friends, achivement system, mixed in with stores and groups with digital downloading.. but its also basicly a anti theft system, dont really understand why people complain, the program is not that bad, if it takes up cpu usage just set it to not use as much cpu..

I looove steam but thats just my opinion

I'd say Steam is like Facebook. You get something out of it, but its not so clear what you are all giving in return.

I'd say Steam is like Facebook. You get something out of it, but its not so clear what you are all giving in return.

Maybe not that drastic. I doubt Steam knows if I'm interested in men or women. :P

Or at least I hope it doesn't. :O

Edited by Halororor