Stormcloak Rebellion Vs. Empire

RavveN

Rise Stormcloacks!  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which side are you on?

Imperials get my vote!

I started off thinking that the Stormcloaks were the natural good guys but as you go through the game and stay neutral you quickly realise that Ulfric is a complete and utter B|****\888 and I like the Jarl of Windrun and he has no scruples in just screwing him over and taking his city. Not only is he racist but he has NO honour and is a big fat lying cheat! Fair fight my ass!!! The High King could not refuse the duel because otherwise there would be a vote so he could lose power, he had no choice but to fight and Ulfric new this and then CHEATED by using his huge super powers!

basically...Stormcloaks = Bad Guys!!!!

Also totally agree that the only chance Skyrim and the rest of Tamriel has against the elves is to be part of the empire and fight together.

please also note that Braveheart (the film) is not a true account of events at the time of England V Scotland it is VERY biased towards the Scots, love them as I do, (I have some Scotish heritage) The story is not that straight forward and William Wallis was a bit of a Bastard himself in the time!

Scottish heritage her also, and while I am aware that the Breaveheart movie is a movie, not a historical account, I still have to say that I side with a racist bastard to some degree XD ULFRIC ALL THE WAY.

Actually, it may be due to life here in australia that i actually sympathise with the stormcloaks. Due to the large number of immigrants and such, and australias f***ed up system, our country is way too accepting of changing our own culture to make others happy.

One case in point, that again reflects the whole Talos debate in skyrim, is how here in aus we have to be "pollitically correct" about christmas. Christmas as a matter of fact, is a christian holiday. makes sense in "christian countries" such as aus, usa and the UK that we celebrate christmas. Its part of the culture, always has been. But now things like the nativity scene are considered politically incorrect and it can cause problems if someone complains because of religious disagreements.

So while i understand the need for the support from the empire, as skyrim alone will have it hard against the aldamiri dominion, I cant ignore the oppression the nords face by the imperials.rather than infighting against each other, ALL the provinces shoudl just deal with the aldamiri as a whole, they are only a threat because they different provinces are at each others throat as well.

As such, I am a stormcloak to the bone, but given the choice to slaughter a few empire soldier, or just one thalmor, its gonna be the thalmor.

The whole business with the thalmor has been stated before, but to all you empire asslickers, remember this: the white-gold concordat was signed 26 years before the events of Skyrim. That means the empire has sat there and allowed those high elf witches run their empire for a whole generation, without showing any real signs of fighting back. The whole 'we had to sign to end the war, we are rebuilding to overthrow the thalmor' argument is utterly redundant, if the empire was going to fight back against the thalmor they would have done so years ago. As such, its clear that the empire intends to lay down and take it from the thalmor indefinately. Such an empire has lost any real right to rule in my opinion, and as such the stormcloaks are the logical option. The choice is pro-thalmor or anti-thalmor, and if you are anti-thalmor then the stormcloaks is the only logical option.

Stormcloaks. The Empire is done for, and the arguments that none of the provinces would be able to defend themselves against the Thalmor ring exceedingly hollow with me. They're merely assumptions based on preference; no-one knows at all how powerful Skyrim would be if unleashed. The problems with Ulfric can be fixed; the problem with the Empire is systemic, and at this point the only course of action for the Dragonborn would be tearing it down and rebuilding something new and vigorous, but that isn't an option...and you'd be turfing the Empire out anyway.

When it gets down to it, the Thalmors own thoughts on the subject are that the worst thing that could happen for them is the Stormcloaks winning. That trumps the musings of anyone else to the contrary.

multiple provnices can produce more soldiers, the more soldiers the better.

Sure skyrim is home to the nords, and the nords are well known for kicking butt in a fight, however having just gotten out of a civil war where nords have been on both sides of the conflict and a recent dragon problem which has takes the lifes of more solders and wreacked havoc on cities and towns is not helping an independent country.

the dragonborn can fix the empire by becoming the emperor, and start , quietly, rebuilding the legions, mass producing weapons and armor, and train Battlemages. Part of the issue with the Doimionon was that all the high elves had an innate ability for magic and used it battlemage/spellsword style on the battlefield.

just by the dragonborn taking command, doesn't mean he has to build from scratch he/she just has to increase what we have, and refit, retrain, and rebuild. the prefix "re" implies that what ever you are doing has already been done, and/or already exists.

After the rebuilding, we need to be as crafty as the thalmor in our political maneuvering, pearl harbor attacks, and our stratagy.

Edited by modder3434

Imperials get my vote!

I started off thinking that the Stormcloaks were the natural good guys but as you go through the game and stay neutral you quickly realise that Ulfric is a complete and utter B|****\888 and I like the Jarl of Windrun and he has no scruples in just screwing him over and taking his city. Not only is he racist but he has NO honour and is a big fat lying cheat! Fair fight my ass!!! The High King could not refuse the duel because otherwise there would be a vote so he could lose power, he had no choice but to fight and Ulfric new this and then CHEATED by using his huge super powers!

basically...Stormcloaks = Bad Guys!!!!

Also totally agree that the only chance Skyrim and the rest of Tamriel has against the elves is to be part of the empire and fight together.

please also note that Braveheart (the film) is not a true account of events at the time of England V Scotland it is VERY biased towards the Scots, love them as I do, (I have some Scotish heritage) The story is not that straight forward and William Wallis was a bit of a Bastard himself in the time!

Scottish heritage her also, and while I am aware that the Breaveheart movie is a movie, not a historical account, I still have to say that I side with a racist bastard to some degree XD ULFRIC ALL THE WAY.

Actually, it may be due to life here in australia that i actually sympathise with the stormcloaks. Due to the large number of immigrants and such, and australias f***ed up system, our country is way too accepting of changing our own culture to make others happy.

One case in point, that again reflects the whole Talos debate in skyrim, is how here in aus we have to be "pollitically correct" about christmas. Christmas as a matter of fact, is a christian holiday. makes sense in "christian countries" such as aus, usa and the UK that we celebrate christmas. Its part of the culture, always has been. But now things like the nativity scene are considered politically incorrect and it can cause problems if someone complains because of religious disagreements.

So while i understand the need for the support from the empire, as skyrim alone will have it hard against the aldamiri dominion, I cant ignore the oppression the nords face by the imperials.rather than infighting against each other, ALL the provinces shoudl just deal with the aldamiri as a whole, they are only a threat because they different provinces are at each others throat as well.

As such, I am a stormcloak to the bone, but given the choice to slaughter a few empire soldier, or just one thalmor, its gonna be the thalmor.

We are having the same difficulties over here too with Christmas it really pisses me off, not that I am a real bible type or anything but just that it is what should be fair for all.

I thought it was quite strict in Aus though immigration wise?

I am not against immigration myself, I accept there are good things, but just the numbers (small country), and the PC ness of it all gets you down.

But on the Skyrim note I see where you are coming from but I personally can't wait for my stand off with Ulfric once I have finished the Imperial questline! Muhahah I am going to shout that bastard down and then sword in the heart just like he did to the High King :D

The whole business with the thalmor has been stated before, but to all you empire asslickers, remember this: the white-gold concordat was signed 26 years before the events of Skyrim. That means the empire has sat there and allowed those high elf witches run their empire for a whole generation, without showing any real signs of fighting back. The whole 'we had to sign to end the war, we are rebuilding to overthrow the thalmor' argument is utterly redundant, if the empire was going to fight back against the thalmor they would have done so years ago. As such, its clear that the empire intends to lay down and take it from the thalmor indefinately. Such an empire has lost any real right to rule in my opinion, and as such the stormcloaks are the logical option. The choice is pro-thalmor or anti-thalmor, and if you are anti-thalmor then the stormcloaks is the only logical option.

I'm sorry, this arguement is utterly absurd. There was a generation between WWI and WWII, and at the close of WWI many beleived it was only a repreive before things would come to blows again with the 'imperialist germans'.

The Thalmor are Elves. They have much longer generations and much slower population growth than humans. If it takes 2 generations for the Empire to recover, it could take up to 6 for the Thalmor. Every year the Empire has to recover its strength is a play in its favor. The 26 year gap is more of a show of Thalmor weakness than Imperial.