Call of Cthulhu? Video game by BethSoft?

worm82075

Just learned of Call of Cthulhu on the BethBlog. I'm guessing that it does not live up to the standards of Cthulhu cultists out there. Although it seems that it is yet to be released. Either that or it has such a meager following that they just haven't bothered to update the official site.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good game.

The shooting aspect of it leaves much to be desired, but it's eerily scary, and suspenseful where it counts. I mean, if you don't like the Cthulhu Mythos genre, then you obviously won't like this game, but I thought it was a really cool, innovative direction is the way of gaming.

• 3 weeks later...

Bethesda didn't make this game, Headfirst Productions did. Bethesda (and 2K Games) only published it.

I thought it was a nice game. Maybe not for most Cthulhu cultists/fans/whatever (Something about the story, isn't it?), but the gameplay was nice. The game was a little short though.

I thought it was pretty decent imo, even though, in fact, I didn't complete it.

Even though I knew better, in my head Bethesda made it.

Vif...

...but the gameplay was nice.

Overall, except for the 'insanity affects'. Both this game and Eternal Darkness started production at roughly the same time. This game is, obviously, directly based off of the Cthulhu Mythos, and Eternal Darkness is heavily influenced, but has a unique plot. During production, the games were compared on many things due to their similarities in content. One of these things was the 'insanity affects'. Eternal Darkness was finished long before Call of Cthulhu, so the latter could see how the 'insanity affects' of the former worked. Everyone loved the former's 'insanity affects'; they were great! However, the latter's 'insanity affects' amounted to nothing. WTF!? Were they even trying?

Archived