Modifying/Editing Spells & Powers

erad25

Has anybody found a way to accomplish this? I've been tinkering with SkyEdit but haven't had any luck. My goal was to find Vampire's Seduction (Power) and adjust the level cap and duration. I never managed to actually find it in the Skyrim.esm. Where is the data that actually determines this?

SkyEdit doesn't support all of the object types yet. You might have more luck with something like TESVSnip

I installed FOMM to try to run TESSnip, but it requires me to have Fallout...it won't run if it can't find Fallout (I don't own Fallout).

But I found out what I'm looking for....SkyEdit just doesn't have the ability to edit it. The RecordType is SPEL. SkyEdit is able to locate and view them, but not openly edit.

000C4DE2 VampireCharm (Vampire's Seduction)

000C4DE2 and its record type is all that comes up when searching for charm.

Anybody able/know how I might get into SPEL recordtypes to edit them?

Edited by erad25

What exactly would you like to edit about VampireCharm I could do it for you.

I would like the max level to be raised to 50 and the duration raised to 200 sec.

And just curious, what program would you use?

Edited by erad25

I would like the max level to be raised to 50 and the duration raised to 200 sec.

The program I have been using is FOMM, and you don't need FO3 or FNV, just copy the skyrim launch file and paste it in the same folder, name that FalloutNV.exe and when you start FOMM run as admin, then when it says it can't find your Fallout NV registry files just browse till you find the FalloutNV.exe and select that as the designated folder. From there you can use all it's tools.

Tutorials you should review:

Making Smithing Recipes

Adding objects into cells(houses and etc)

All the information you will need in order to edit spells and the like

Skyrim Mod File Format, good for editting things you don't understand

Now I can edit the spell for you or... you can review all the tutorials and information I just linked for you and do it yourself, that's up to you.

The program I have been using is FOMM, and you don't need FO3 or FNV, just copy the skyrim launch file and paste it in the same folder, name that FalloutNV.exe and when you start FOMM run as admin, then when it says it can't find your Fallout NV registry files just browse till you find the FalloutNV.exe and select that as the designated folder. From there you can use all it's tools.

Tutorials you should review:

Making Smithing Recipes

Adding objects into cells(houses and etc)

All the information you will need in order to edit spells and the like

Skyrim Mod File Format, good for editting things you don't understand

Now I can edit the spell for you or... you can review all the tutorials and information I just linked for you and do it yourself, that's up to you.

If you don't mind making it, sure. Then I can use it as another reference.

So, I tried editing the Skyrim.esm file...and was looking at http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes5Mod:Mod_File_Format/SPEL. My attempt didn't seem to work, I changed the EFIT float value from 8 to 50.

However, I failed to realize that I already had a mod that affected VampireCharm. The "No Vampire Power Cooldown" mod I downloaded (a .esp file).

Will continue tinkering.

I managed to alter the spell to make it calm up to level 50. So it works on guards, it's just tedious with the sheer number of guards and the current duration. The value I think is the duration is like 10923002375 or some really long number starting with a 10 at present. Which doesn't make sense to me, because the default spell duration is 30 seconds...

The problem with duration is, that other then the level it isn't an int, but a float, floats are encoded in another form then ints, I myself have a hard time wrapping my head around it so I can't really explain it, but the conversion should be something like that:

30 -> 1106247680 -> 00 00 F0 41

200 -> 1128792064 -> 00 00 48 43

In case they have encoded it in 10 seconds instead of 1

3.0 -> 1077936128 -> 00 00 40 40

20.0 -> 1101004800 -> 00 00 A0 41

just check if the 30 is valid like that, in hex and in decimal form, since I am not 100 percent sure if I have the right byteorder or and if they are really encoded in seconds/10 seconds or not.

Edited by Roltak