Which platform to get skyrim for

Notakun

Sup, outlander here. Just wondering whether I should get Skyrim for PC or Xbox 360. The reason why I am asking because I'm buying a laptop for college in the next few weeks. Even though it is refurbished, the hardware used is enough for skyrim to run on medium-high, as good as the console. My only concern that it is refurbished and its a laptop in general, which im not too familiar with, so in terms of gaming, how will it fair with overheating. ill link the site shortly.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834158073

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1306296&pagenumber=1&RSort=1&csid=ITD&recordsPerPage=5&body=#ReviewStart

Reviews seem relatviely positive, but this is more of a concern about overheating and the retailer itself. Other than that, I still would like to hear the people's opinion

Edited by Notakun

Since you are on modding site... PC. Xbox is for simpletons.

*cough*

Seriously tho, Skyrim with low settings, developer console and modding will always be better than anything Xbox can offer.

Since you are on modding site... PC. Xbox is for simpletons.

*cough*

Seriously tho, Skyrim with low settings, developer console and modding will always be better than anything Xbox can offer.

This right here. I have to play the game on low settings on my laptop and it's still worth it due to the mods.

Xbox is for simpletons.

I agree that the PC is probably the best (especially because of mods) but some players own consoles for good reasons.

Calling them "simpletons" is simply misguided and disrespectful. :down:

Yes, well, it was supposed to be disrespectful, I though that much was clear.

Misguided, hardly, judmental and unfair to some, perhaps.

Buying Bethesda "open-RPG" game on other platform than PC is pretty much buying a car without engine. Looks the same from the outside, but the difference is rather huge.

Edited by elvinkun

Xbox is for simpletons.

I agree that the PC is probably the best (especially because of mods) but some players own consoles for good reasons.

Buying Bethesda "open-RPG" game on other platform than PC is pretty much buying a car without engine. Looks the same from the outside, but the difference is rather huge.

I had no doubt whatsoever that you meant to be disrespectful to console players. That much is clear.

I had no doubt whatsoever that you meant to be disrespectful to console players. That much is clear.

Oh yes, I tend to be disrespectful about things I have no respect for... Hey, wait a minute, I think we just found the end of a circle. Math breaktrough.

But back to the point, I really don't think there is much of a point in buying Skyrim for consoles, because on PS you can't play at all and on Xbox, you won't be able to do much more than finish it and get bored. But on the other hand, if you want to play trough the story and that's it... It might be actually better to get it on Xbox.

Edited by elvinkun

Xbox is for simpletons.

Please realize that some people can't afford good computers or dont prefer it. Any ES lover deseves to play the game, regardless. If I didn't have the money to afford a spare comp, than i wouldve been that "simpleton" :(

Anywho, since Im ABLE TO, thanks for the suggestions, including yours Elvin. I thought about the mods as well and the advantages. My worries pertained more towards the kind of computer im getting, but im guessing nobody commented on that because it could run on it.