Mjoll the Lioness

AssyMcGee

So I just wanted to post this little glitch on here for others amusement. It involves me, an Alik'r Prisoner and my wife/companion Mjoll the Lioness.

I was doing that quest in Whiterun where you have to help the Redguard woman. I forget the name of it, something along the lines of "In my Time of need". I got to the part where I had to talk to the Alik'r Prisoner or tell the Alik'r where the woman was. So I decided to talk to the prisoner and help the woman. After talking to him and paying his fine, I turned to walk away. Then I hear: "Hey guards! My fine is paid! Let me out!" come from the cell. I paid it little attention and kept walking. Then I hear Mjoll say: "Oh sorry, what? I didn't hear you." This made me stop and turn around. She had walked up to the cell and was mocking the guy. Then he says something like "Come on, just let me out" Then Mjoll responds with: "Oh dear I seem to have lost my key, I'll start looking for it as soon as I can." Then she turns to me with a smile and says one of her dumb lines about wandering Skyrim.

I had a chuckle about this and wasn't sure how that even happened. It was Mjoll that said that. It wasn't like she started speaking in a guards voice or anything. So there wasn't a weird voice glitch or anything. P.S. I'm not sure if this even belongs in the spoilers section, I just put it here to not ruin it for anyone who hasn't done it yet.

Still it's strange that Mjoll is the one saying it. The lines were meant for the guard. Mjoll is not a Whiterun Guard! Why would she had anything to do with the jail?

I may be wrong, but I think Mjoll shares voice with some of the female guards. so there are two possibilities - either she was mistakenly included in the same group as the female guards, or this phrase was just said by some female guard with the same voice and you thought it was Mjoll.

Still it's strange that Mjoll is the one saying it. The lines were meant for the guard. Mjoll is not a Whiterun Guard! Why would she had anything to do with the jail?

I may be wrong, but I think Mjoll shares voice with some of the female guards. so there are two possibilities - either she was mistakenly included in the same group as the female guards, or this phrase was just said by some female guard with the same voice and you thought it was Mjoll.

Aren't all the whiterun guards male? The thought just occured to me.

All the guards in the dungeon were male, I know that much. There were only 3 of them. 2 Walking around the cells and one loafing at a desk. Also I'm positive Mjoll said it. She walked right over to the cell and started mocking the poor guy haha. Though I think you are right, she does share the same voice actress as some of the guards. Maybe she was accidentally put into the guard category? I mean I am Thane of Whiterun if that has anything to do with it.

I had something similar happen. My character married Vilkas and he was with her in the Bard's College one day. He turned around, walked toward the stairs, and said "Hello ladies! Anything a big strong man can do for you this fine day?" A female character upstairs who had been teaching a class giggled and said something like "When you find a big strong man let me know." Not only was he flirting right in front of his wife, but he was doing it through the ceiling. After that, he went back to normal. Of course, his Dragonborn, werewolf, demi-godlike wife was not very happy with him that day. LOL

Picture: http://i40.tinypic.com/6zu9fo.jpg

The bards college is all kinds of glitched for me. Upstairs at the end of the hall there is an empty room full of pews, with a pedestal at one end. If I walk towards the wall directly opposite the door, the game acts like i'm near EVERYONE in the bards college, and plays ALL of their random phrases AT THE SAME TIME! Even if i herd them all into the basement, that same spot does it everytime, and their voice volume makes it sound like they are all right beside me lol Edited by MagusShade