Any Ideas for the Next Elder Scroll Game?

sweet5050

Edit: I think they made the skip between Obliv. Crisis and Skyrim for Elder Scrolls Online's timeline. Didn't I read somewhere that it would take place between the events of Oblivion and Skyrim?

The MMO actually takes place even before the line of the Septims. To be more correct, the war that actually established the Empire when mankind was just barely establishing itself in Skyrim, Hammerfell, and Highrock. Which is why the Alyied ruins and such will have a much newer appearance.

Well this Dominion from Skyrim seems to be the return of the Ayleids; as I remember in one of the books in Oblivion stating that some where taken in by the Altmer on Summer Set isle. If so this would likely explain the groups hate for Talos and the Empire. Edited by Gracinfields

Let's see..

Daggerfall had Hammerfell and High Rock, Morrowind had Vvardenfell and northern isles, Oblivion was in cyrodiil.. Skyrim, nuff said.

Next is either Elsweyr, Valenwood or Black Marsh - or a game that combines them.. OR it's set to Akavir

Edited by Mahtawa

Let's see..

Daggerfall had Hammerfell and High Rock, Morrowind had Vvardenfell and northern isles, Oblivion was in cyrodiil.. Skyrim, nuff said.

Next is either Elsweyr, Valenwood or Black Marsh - or a game that combines them.. OR it's set to Akavir

You forgot Summerset Isle.

Let's see..

You forgot Summerset Isle.

Given the current storylines Summerset Isle is probably out of bounds unless they do another time skip. That is essentially the heart of Elven rule and was bad enough that even the Psijic Order decide to get the heck out of that plane of reality. Most of the elven lands probably wouldn't be a good location without doing what would essentially be a similar general setup to Skyrim, just less dragons, more politics.

• 4 months later...

i think the new game should begin in black marsh/ elswyr/ morrowind (not the island). basically after besieging skyrim for another hundred years the aldamari dominion has conquerd over half of tamriel. with most of the wealth going back to the their homeland and heavy taxes on all the occupied lands tamrial falls into poverty, races of tamriel begin an exodus to the south where the grip of the thalmor is weak. the aldamari chancellor and the thalmor council suggest a campaign to enslave and plunder the people of the black marsh and elswyr to upkeep free labor for the lords in summer set isles. with the old empire no longer ruling in morrrowind the great houses ally themselves with the aldemari. the game starts out with you and a small band of companions being led through a secret route into black marsh by smugglers. a fellow band member asks who you were before you fled and you create your character. after being led through the trail the smugglers lead you into a thalmor ambush. your band is butchered down by the thalmor and your companions flee in all directions for their lives. you find a hiding place with your khajit friend galsani in a nearby ditch. (teaches how to sneak tutorial) to eventually to a spot where thalmor slay galsanis father in front of you causing galsani to outrage and reveal you positions. thalmor discover your position and rush to your hiding spot. right before he gets close enough to kill you and galsani, twin lamp resistance archers snipe the thalmor soldier, and a twin lamp scout bellaress advises you to pick up the fallen thalmor weapon. kill the thalmor. bellaress and her scouts saved your life and galsanis. galsani interested in revenge joins the twin lamps. from there you can continue on your own or join him to continue the many quests.

things i would like to see

1) mayan temple like dungeon architecture, sinkhole caves, cannibal camps, dinosuar like creatures, giant bugs, volcanoes, pirate lairs, scorpion lairs, quick sand, boat fights. daedric shrines, killer worms. poison plants, venus fly traps

2) new armor types, argonian wax, clanfear hide, ogrim hide, daedroth hide, mithril, shruken head style magic greneades, javelins, chameloon armor, reflective armor, mudplaster and throwing knives

I feel that, if I were Bethesda looking at where I wanted to put the next Elder Scrolls game, I would see all the love for Elsweyr and put it there.

Elsweyr isn't quite as big as Skyrim or Cyrodiil though, so I imagine that the next game could possibly take place in both Elsweyr and Valenwood, since both are connected to the Aldmeri Dominion, and, like people have been saying, they do seem to be the new bad guys.

For time period, I'm guessing the next Elder Scrolls game will have more of a Morrowind/Oblivion time gap (so, like 20-30 years) than an Oblivion/Skyrim gap.

Personally though, I'm hoping for Black Marsh. Home of one of my favorite races, beautiful jungle/swamp setting, giant reptilian Wamasus (that we'll be seeing in TESO later next year) and the possibility to give the sneaking system a good overhaul (Argonians are feared guerrilla warriors.)

It's gotta be Elsweyr or Black Marsh though. We've gotten one elven and two human countries, it's time to show the beast races some love.

@Vagrant0, I'm all for less dragons and more politics, especially if said politics include killing high ranking Aldmeri Officials.

Edited by AnubisRaven