Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

That key should be removed, yes - and is, or people wouldn't complain that you can't then use it in Return to Ostagar DLC. I know there's mods out there that let you keep it for just that reason, any chance you have one of those installed?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to my knowledge. Your fixpack should be the only mod I use that make any changes to Ostagar or such quest items.

Why would you need the key in Return to Ostagar if you have already unlocked the chest and looted all its content in the first place? Is it locked again and refilled in the DLC?

Yes, and it adds a fairly powerful staff to the content of the chest.

I'll test whether the key is being removed when I get home. It should be. Can you tell me how you acquired it? Killed the prisoner, fed him, etc.

Edited by Qwinn

The key was removed when I opened the chest. Can you check the save before you did it and make sure you didn't have *two* keys? Shouldn't be possible but it's the only way I can think of that you might still have one after opening it. I did make a lot of fixes to that quest so anything's possible. Telling me how you acquired the key would be useful too. Thanks for the help.

Edited by Qwinn

Weird. It even gives the stringhead that you used the key. I'm suspecting a mod conflict, to be honest. Maybe even whatever you have there that's displaying what you looted over your head - that could be interrupting the logic that removes the key. Could you try disabling that mod and see if it still happens? Also any others that you think could possibly interrupt / modify the actions of opening the chest or looting.

(Actually, if it is that, I don't think it'd actually be a conflict with anything I did, just a bug in that mod.)

Edited by Qwinn

Btw guys, if you finished the game with any other mods and established which ones are compatible and which ones aren't, please post your findings on that front and I'll update the compatibility lists.

Found the culprit, "Dain's Fixes". Thought I had removed everything from that that wasn't combat related but must have missed that one. Sorry for wasting your time on that.

Though I'm a bit conflicted regarding whether or not that is a bug. It seems a bit unusual for an item to only be obtainable if you know not to loot the chest earlier in the game.

It's not a bug, it appears to have been quite deliberate. I see it as an intentional reward to those players who properly roleplayed by *not* stealing from their own side just because they could. Edited by Qwinn

Btw guys, if you finished the game with any other mods and established which ones are compatible and which ones aren't, please post your findings on that front and I'll update the compatibility lists.

@Qwinn;

Here ya' go:

\override mods

AddItem Improved v1.1 (with Reference List-248)

Asala - Improved (item)

Bidelles Cosmetics-473 (appearance)

CC Extra Tints & Tones (appearance)

Equal Love (gameplay/dialogue ... may not be 100% compatible)

Leliana Facemorph (appearance)

Leliana Sacred Ashes Armor Normal map override-1444-1 (NPC item/body model texture)

Leliana Sacred Ashes Armor Update v1 1-1444 (NPC item/body model patch)

LOTCs Longer Eyelashes (appearance)

Lvl50 (gameplay)

Map Textures (texture)

More_Hairstyles (appearance)

Morrigan Tweaked (appearance)

NBaio (body models)

Personal Annoyance Remover (PAR) (gameplay effects)

Practical Dalish Female Armor (model and texture)

PT's Vibrant Colours (appearance)

Tucked Hair (appearance)

DAA Baroness Reward Fixes (bug fix)

DAA Item rune slot fixes (bug fix)

DAA Sigrun_Law_Order (bug fix)

DAA Vigilance Fix & Rescaled (item)

DAA_z_TerraEx_Silverite (bug fix)

.dazips

(All official DLC including "items", plus...)

Extra Dog Slot (gameplay)

Full Combatant Dog (companion abilities)

FtG UI Mods v2.1 (UI)

FtG Quickbar v1.0 (UI)

Retex of Robes of Possession (NPC item/body model)

Anytime World Map (gameplay)

Anytime World Map DAA (gameplay)

Leliana Sacred Ashes Armor (NPC item/body model)

and of course...

Qwinn's Ultimate DA:O Fixpack v3.0 OPEN BETA :thumbsup:

(Obviously I cut down to the bare minimum to test the Beta! :laugh: )