⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

Could I ask you to disable IA and try to recreate those bugs?

For the record, I do not expect IA to be compatible. At all. I know he changes Slim Couldry's dialogue, and odds are either mod alone will work, but not both at once.

Out of curiosity, when you use both together, does Couldry have a store?

EDIT: I just finished Crime Wave by turning in Andraste's tears and it worked fine for me. I suspect trying to combine IA with my fixpack is the culprit for both those issues.

Okay, I will try that on the next playthrough by deleting IA if there are any problems arise, I'll let you know thank you for answering.

Yes, Couldry has a store when I use IA and your mod together.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok cool (you could even test that by disabling IA and force loading a save game from your previous run).

And thanks for the answer on the store, it suggests strongly that my priority setting is working as intended (i.e. all other mods take priority over mine - that store is from IA). Still not sure that the reverse wouldn't be better in some cases, like IA, but at least it does seem to work the way I thought it should.

I totally forgot to document this one in v3.0:

GL3008: Location based party barks would sometimes randomly fail to play at all. In almost all cases, you should now always get a single bark at each of these locations. This fix only works if you have a full party of 4. This fix was in the Fixpack since the v3.0 beta but was undocumented until v3.2 - my apologies. Note that the party_barks.dlg file from the mod Improved Atmosphere that causes ALL followers to give their barks at every location should be fully compatible, overwriting only fix UR3015.

I've updated the Compatibility section to this (as I'm constantly getting asked questions about other mods, this will hopefully cut that down a bit):

COMPATIBILITY:

This mod is most likely not going to be compatible with most mods that modify dialogue, quests and some items. The following mods are not compatible, but they are also mainly not necessary as all bugs and restorations they deal with are also dealt with in this fixpack. This list is by no means complete, it's just what I'm aware of:

NOT COMPATIBLE AND MOSTLY OR COMPLETELY REDUNDANT

Alistair Dialog Patch (ADP) - Bugs are all dealt with, 4 tweaks listed in the readme were not implemented.
Zevran Dialogue Fixes (ZDF) - Only things in the readme not dealt with are some tweaks to kisses.
Leliana Fixes - All issues dealt with, though not always the same way
Morrigan Restoration Pack (MRP) - Only things in the readme not dealt with are Angry Kiss and Dark Ritual Kiss because they are tweaks.
Dialogue Tweaks - Bugs addressed, tweaks are not.
Tiny Fixes - Completely Redundant
A Lost Nug Quest Fix - Completely Redundant (though with different reward)
Unobtainable Item BUGFIX - I do not restore 2 two handed swords in Korcari Wilds as I believe they were cut deliberately
Jowan and Another Different Jowan - Completely Redundant
Ancient Elven Boots Fix - Completely Redundant
Fang at Tier 7 - Completely Redundant
Golem Registry and Shapers Life Reward Fix - Completely Redundant
Shale Will Come For Me Restoration Fix - Completely Redundant
Templar Armor Fixes - Completely Redundant
The Gnawed Notebook - Completely Redundant
Her Hammer is her... uh.. never mind - Completely Redundant
Fixed political support in "A Paragon of her Kind" - Completely Redundant, though my implementation is slightly different
Cammen's Lament Quest Fix - Fixed much much more thoroughly in this Fixpack
Human Female Cocky Voice - Completely Redundant
Chevalier Armor Set Bonus Change - Completely redundant

NOT COMPATIBLE

Improved Atmosphere - much of it is redundant, fixes are dealt with in this fixpack, but tweaks are not. Installing both mods is known to cause issues with Crime Wave and Trial of Crows quests. The party_barks.dlg file for the tweak that causes all follower location-based barks to play is compatible.

Any mod that modifies companion dialogues - in the very BEST case, you will lose the majority of my fixes pertaining to that character, and I fully expect any attempt to mix such mods with mine to all end in tears. Weepy, bitter tears. For the record, I will not be offering support for any issues reported with such mods installed.

SHOULD BE COMPATIBLE (* The lists in parentheses are the mods In that category that were reported as fully compatible during v3.0 and v3.1 BETA testing.)

Any morph, texture or visual/graphics mods (* Bidelles Cosmetics, CC Extra Tints & Tones, Leliana Facemorph, Leliana Sacred Ashes Armor (normal and update v1.1), LOTC's Longer Eyelashes, More_Hairstyles, Morrigan Tweaked, NBaio, Practical Dalish Female Armor, PT's Vibrant Colours, Tucked Hair, UDF Dyekit, Robes of Possession - Retex of Jewelry, Personal Annoyance Remover and pretty much any other mod in this category)

Any mods that strictly address combat mechanics (* Full Combatant Dog)

Any Awakening-only mods (* several were confirmed but not bothering to list as they should all work)

Any mods for other DA:O DLC

Some gameplay mods (* Extra Dog Slot, Skip The Fade, ZevranASAP, The Rescue At Ishal, Cousland Sword and Shield, Level 50, FtG UI Mod, FtG Quickbar)

Most mods directly altering existing cutscenes, such as Better Sex Cutscenes, should work.

Thandal, you listed "Map Textures" but I couldn't find a mod named that. I assumed by "Retex of Robes of Possession", you meant "Robes of Possession - Retex of Jewelry" and by "Lvl50" you meant "Level 50". You mentioned "Improved Asala" but I couldn't find that as an uploaded mod, though I think I did find a forum thread where you got it - I don't want to cause confusion for an unlisted mod so not adding that one. There are numerous "AddItem" mods and I'm not sure which one you meant.

mckatsims, I also wasn't sure which mod you meant by "Stamina Potion 1.0".

Edited by Qwinn

Redacted a fix from v2.0:

RD3206: (v2.0) Interparty Banters: A banter between Sten and Alistair ("Draw your weapon.") that only occurred if the player was in a romance with Alistair has been opened up so that it can now occur any time after two major plot quests are completed, as the banter has nothing to do with the PC or romance. (v3.2) Upon hearing it in game and further review, I've reconsidered that evaluation. It's quite plausible the original condition was intended. REDACTED in v3.2.

Incompatible with Zevring, sadly. You have fixed the main bug though (where you wouldn't get his ring the second time).

It does, however mention two extra bugs, which I'm not sure if you've fixed yet.

---> If you talked to Zevran after he refused the tent and you were in public, some dialogue was missing. This is fixed.
---> If you accepted the ring the first time and then talked to Zevran after the tent scene, the dialogue abruptly ended. This is fixed.

Ejoslin also mentions another change, which maaay be an oversight.

You need to reject the earring the first time he offers it. Then when he declares his feelings, you need to tell him either, "I'm no wiser than you," or "Maybe it would be better for you if we stopped." He will offer the earring a second time, and the warden will be able to take that as a proposal. Telling him, "I do, and I feel the same" will lead to the dialog ending WITHOUT the second offer of the earring. If you're on a PC, Charsen's mod, ZevRing, corrects this, but otherwise, I'd suggest not selecting that option, as nice as it is

~~~~

Parts of IA should be compatible. I think the 'Animations', 'Tints', 'Materials', '7.2 Awakening Quick Items', '7.4 Bodies Stay', '7.5 Weapons VFX Remover' would be fine. (Disclaimer: I have tested none of this.) Has anyone tried pulling the Forstback Mountains area file and the Ash Warrior's dialogue to see if that works? I think that (along with the Orzammar weapons merchant) is the only restoration that Qwinn decided against, so it would be nice if it worked.

Also, while you've made a number of modifications around Jowan, I don't think you've edited his actual dialogue file. So it's possible that the 'Release Jowan' change in 7.3 will work fine! I'm excited to try this out on my next playthrough.

~~~~

It's also completely, horrifically incompatible with Alley of Murders, which simply makes far too many changes. Real shame, because that's a fantastic mod.

~~~~

I also don't see how it would be incompatible with Awakening in the OC (which is almost entirely gameplay), but who knows what kinds of issues can crop up in two mods this big.

Edited by firepanda

It does, however mention two extra bugs, which I'm not sure if you've fixed yet.

---> If you talked to Zevran after he refused the tent and you were in public, some dialogue was missing. This is fixed.
---> If you accepted the ring the first time and then talked to Zevran after the tent scene, the dialogue abruptly ended. This is fixed.

By "the tent scene", I assume this means making love? Or is this about a particular dialogue?

At any rate, looking at the readme, these were "fixes" during the mod's beta. I suspect they were fixes to the earlier versions of the mod itself, rather than the vanilla game. A quick look through the dialogue file isn't revealing any bugs along these lines. Unless you actually encountered these with my fixpack installed?

You need to reject the earring the first time he offers it. Then when he declares his feelings, you need to tell him either, "I'm no wiser than you," or "Maybe it would be better for you if we stopped." He will offer the earring a second time, and the warden will be able to take that as a proposal. Telling him, "I do, and I feel the same" will lead to the dialog ending WITHOUT the second offer of the earring. If you're on a PC, Charsen's mod, ZevRing, corrects this, but otherwise, I'd suggest not selecting that option, as nice as it is

I'll take a look into this one. EDIT: Yeah, I agree that should be fixed. Will work it in for v3.2.

Parts of IA should be compatible. I think the 'Animations', 'Tints', 'Materials', '7.2 Awakening Quick Items', '7.4 Bodies Stay', '7.5 Weapons VFX Remover' would be fine. (Disclaimer: I have tested none of this.) Has anyone tried pulling the Forstback Mountains area file and the Ash Warrior's dialogue to see if that works? I think that (along with the Orzammar weapons merchant) is the only restoration that Qwinn decided against, so it would be nice if it worked.

Bodies Stay would overwrite the Climax Alienage area file, so nix on that. I don't touch the Frostback area, that'd probably work too, but I'm not interested in digging through all the folders to find which files would be necessary to make that happen.

Also, while you've made a number of modifications around Jowan, I don't think you've edited his actual dialogue file. So it's possible that the 'Release Jowan' change in 7.3 will work fine! I'm excited to try this out on my next playthrough.

I do, actually, but it's a trivial change (adjusting a Leliana approval penalty). No big deal if it's overwritten. And I don't make any changes to Teagan's dialogue, which he makes many more changes to. So should be fine.

I'll modify the reference to IA in the compatibility section to this:

PARTIALLY COMPATIBLE:

Improved Atmosphere - portions of this could probably be added successfully, with some major surgery. Installing both mods in their entirety is known to cause issues with Crime Wave and Trial of Crows quests, and probably many additional issues not yet discovered. Much of IA is redundant, though, as the fixes listed in the Readme are dealt with in this fixpack, but tweaks are not. The following folders would PROBABLY be okay to add (not actually tested): 1. Global (Animations, Materials and Tints only), 5. Awakening Expansion, 6. Downloadable Content, 7.2 Awakening Quick Items, 7.3 Optional Campaign Mods (Release Jowan folder ONLY), 7.5 Weapons VFX Remover, and the party_barks.dlg (which makes all followers give their location based barks, instead of just one) in "4. Companions / 4.1 Dialog Changes / Global Dialog Changes".

Thanks for the information allowing me to flesh that entry out a bit, it's appreciated.

Edited by Qwinn

Yeah sorry, it's clear the notes were referring to the mod's beta and not the base game. My bad.

Anyway thanks for all this work. I never thought of DA:O as a particularly buggy game, but the sheer number of bugs you've found and fixed is astonishing. (And that's not even touching combat, core scripts, textures or morphs.)

Out of curiosity what work is left to do, or scheduled for 3.3?

EDIT: I forgot to mention. There is an infinite approval exploit for Zevran which you may not be aware of.

Edited by firepanda

I can confirm that BSC works fine.

The "AddItem" mod I'm using is AddItem with Console Improved - Script by eclips3

The "Improved Asala" is the mod attached to this post. At the bottom there's a link to the direct download of the file (it's not a mod page.)

You are correct about both the Robes of Possession and Level 50.

And I was also running with Damage Statistic Fix and didn't realize it. (The mod folder had been accidentally tucked into another's.)

(Yeah, the "Map Textures" one seems to have been removed completely.)

None of the above had any problems with QUDAOFP. :thumbsup:

Also, during the playthrough to test BSC I ran into the "Morri won't teach Shapeshifting once her approval is above Neutral" bug. :unsure:

[EDIT: My bad. It was another mod that was interfering. Figured it out and removed the offender. All good now, Wynne can learn if she wants.)

Edited by Thandal
Corrected misstatement.

Some minor things:

1) There's a countryside random encounter where a couple of mages are fighting darkspawn. After the battle, only the senior mage had survived yet spoke as if his apprentices were still alive. I forget the exact dialogue but it was along the lines of "I'm taking these apprentices to Redcliffe" and "They might be young but, as you could see, quite formidable".

2) When speaking to Master Ignacio at the marketplace, some of the wardens weapons can block Ignacios' face. Maybe the weapons could be disabled during this conversation? Screenshot.

3) When speaking to the White Falcons at The Pearl, the bodyguards in the background don't have any eyes. Their eyes are just fine outside of the conversation. FYI: I am using Dragon Age Redesigned and I have not tested if this bug happens without that mod. Screenshot.

Edited by sialivi

ZE3210: Zevran Romance: During the "You seem different now" conversation, if you didn't accept Zevran's earring the first time he offered it, Zevran would inexplicably fail to offer it a second time in one and only one dialogue path where you don't outright reject him ("I do. And I feel the same way."). Thanks to firepanda of the Nexus forums and ejoslin's Zevran Romance FAQ for making me aware of it and that Charsen's Zevring mod had fixed this one.

ZE3216: Zevran Romance: Fixed infinite approval exploit that can be achieved by repeatedly teasing and then refusing to join Zevran in his tent. Thanks to firepanda of the Nexus forums for reminding me of this one.

That second one, the infinite xp exploit, I was aware of it, but on my first pass I saw no clean way to cure it that didn't have drawbacks (best way I came up with first time, teasing him would've had a more negative effect in some paths where you didn't get that offsetting boost). Eventually I just moved on and forgot about it. Figured out a clean way to resolve it this time around. Thanks for the reminder.

By the way, what happened when you tried Alley of Murders? It is a shame it's not compatible. I'd be willing to try to cooperate with the modder on that one to see if anything can be done, if he's willing. Might not take much. Unfortunately his mod is all packaged up in .erfs and I can't easily check out what files we're both touching.

Thanks for the update Thandal! Compatibility list updated.