Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

Saw these two bugs listed in the wikia when looking for info on another bug:

• Redcliffe Tavern - Bella will "Sell" items for 0 after the Warden kills or recruits Lloyd; the problem with this is she will "Buy" items for 0 too, which means you're giving away items for nothing.
  • Redcliffe Tavern - ...and every time you re-enter the tavern the Crystals (for Shale) in her inventory are replenished, providing an infinite source of free crystals that you can sell.

Didn't find info on the bug I was looking for though which is that I seem to recall that you can still ask Bella about "that elf in the corner" even if the elf in question is no longer there/alive. Don't have a suitable save to check at the moment.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not duplicate eithet issue with Lloyd/Bella's store. No selling to that store was possible, and no crystals appeared in the inventory. I can only assume this was fixed in a patch, or the problem was caused by a mod.

As for "elf in the corner", I know I did something about that line but forget the specifics, will check tonight.

Two issues left that Totalbalance brought up. Inserting this:

OR028: "A Lord's Trust: The First Task": Several fixes when completing Baizyl's subquest: 1) The persuade check to get 15 gold instead of 10 gold from Baizyl for the letters has been made slightly harder to match the difficulty called for in the scripting comments (it was nearly automatic success in the vanilla game). 2) If you somehow failed that persuade check, you were still supposed to get 10 gold but did not actually receive it. Now you will. 3) Removed the walking away animations at the end, since he doesn't actually go anywhere. Thanks to Totalbalance of the Nexus forums for making me aware of the third issue.

And then there's this. Ugh.

I tried working publicly for Harrowmont, and offered to be a double agent for Bhelen. The guard in front of Bhelen’s door in the royal palace tells me to go inside to meet him, and the nobles talk as though I’m working publicly for him.

Ugggggh. This relates to my original OR040 fix:

OR040: Diamond Quarter: There are four Bhelen supporting nobles in the Diamond Quarter whose dialogue is only appropriate if you're working publicly for Bhelen or made Bhelen king. They will now only appear in the area if those conditions are met.

Turns out, all the pre-coronation nobles in the Royal Palace have the exact same dialogue! So being a double agent made no difference, they'd say the same things even if you were strictly working for Harrowmont only. The guards, it's deliberate if you're a double agent, and it makes sense, you do need to talk to Bhelen and they have need to know to let you through the door. But the nobles don't *have* any non-working-for-Bhelen dialogue. If I address this the same way as I did the nobles out in the Diamond Quarter, the Palace is going to be completely deserted of anything but Bhelen and his guards. I don't see a way around it except to make them simply non-interactive until you're working for Bhelen publicly, so you'll see them but you can't talk to them. And if I'm doing that indoors, I should probably do the same outdoors - I'll just make all of the supporters with that dialogue non-interactive instead of removing them.

So the new OR040 - actually, the new OR041, since the Baizyl fix insertion is going to up them all by 1 (the numbers will be fixed and unchanging once the beta is complete) will be:

OR041: Diamond Quarter: There are four Bhelen supporting nobles in the Diamond Quarter, and a whole mess of them in the Royal Palace pre-coronation, whose dialogue is only appropriate if you're working publicly for Bhelen or made Bhelen king, or you are a dwarf noble, or you are a dwarf commoner prior to committing to Harrowmont. They will no longer be interactive unless one of those conditions is met.

EDIT: Actually, their dialogue is plausibly appropriate if you're a dwarf noble regardless of who you're working for, and for dwarf commoners who haven't yet committed to publicly working for Harrowmont, so going to allow them to be talked to in those conditions as well. Already adjusted the fix description above.

Note that this makes my total number of Orzammar fixes 99. If I add even one more, it's going to screw up any plans I have for keeping the current numbering system stable and unchanging going forward when I release version 3.1+. If someone reports something that is related to, and can just be added to an existing fix listing, that's fine, but any more totally new fixes like the Baizyl one above are going to have to wait till the version after 3.0 is no longer in beta.

Edited by Qwinn

So, any progress reports? Anyone found anything they particularly liked, or didn't? How far have people gotten? Anyone worked Crime Wave and have an opinion on the fixes? Feed me! :smile:

Also, at this point, I'm considering the plate clean... if I appear to have forgotten something, please jog my memory. If I didn't post a numbered fix for it,, I forgot it.

Also, for the numbering system going forward, I'm actually thinking I might switch to this: OR3028. The OR denotes the area of the game as previously, the next two digits indicate the version number (30 = 3.0), and the last two digits are the order in which the bugs are listed (which is meant to be the order you're likely to encounter them in game, grouping fixes to a single quest together as much as possible). So, if I add a fix in v3.1 that *should* appear right after fix OR3028 because it also has to do with Bayzil's quest, I'd number it OR3128 and list it immediately after OR3028. Only way I can think of to be able to insert fixes in future versions without having to renumber existing ones, or being forced to tack new fixes on at the end of an area's listing even though the fix is for something right at the beginning of the area.

Edited by Qwinn

Oops. Just found a bug in my own stuff - a bit of leftover code means Mardy is always going to appear in the Royal Palace. Oops. If you're playing the beta, just don't talk to her, it could screw things up. That'll be fixed post-beta.

So, any progress reports? Anyone found anything they particularly liked, or didn't? How far have people gotten? Anyone worked Crime Wave and have an opinion on the fixes? Feed me! :smile:

I love the fix for Alistair's conversation about where he was raised, the "that's not what you told Flemeth" line, so much more natural! I'm really not far along, just getting into Redcliffe, my first stop this time, but once that's done, I'm heading to Denerim and hopefully starting the Crime Wave quest.

Edited by mckatsims

Everything I'm planning to add so far for the next update can be overlaid over the current beta. Really there's only three things I can think of so far that had anything to do with my own fixes: the second guard giving the beggar dialogue in the hall of heroes, Alistair's darkspawn warning mistimed in one of the 5 encounters, and the Mardy thing I just found. Everything else has been completely new fixes. I'm actually shocked its going this well... or people just aren't reporting bugs, one or the other.

Also no new or changed flag settings I can think of.

And thanks for the report, mckatsims! Glad you're enjoying it. Please let me know what you think about the Attack At Nightfall battle, with all the new lines by the militia and knights. They were pretty much completely silent prior to my restoration, I believe. I think the new combat barks make it much more immersive and realistic, and the shouts for healing make trying to save them all a lot more fun (instead of HAVING to pause every 2 seconds to press tab and look at their health - tho remember, Tomas and Murdock won't ask for healing!). I am a little worried that it might make weaker computers than mine lag, though. Also, if the barks are too frequent, I can easily tone it down.

Oh, and some of the barks are way more fun if you buy the militia drinks.

Edited by Qwinn

Just finished the Attack at Nightfall battle, and really enjoyed the added barks. It gave it such an authentic feel. I wish they had been kept in originally. No lagging here, but I have a powerful computer, so I cannot help with you that concern. Now I need to go buy the militia drinks and listen to those barks. :)