Road from Whiterun to Morthal

nexusonethree

Hi,

I'm new to this game, and am currently playing (mostly) without fasttravel, but am instead riding my horse.

Now on the maps already available there is a road drawn between "Fort Greymoor" and Morthal, which indicates a rather short connection between Whiterun and Morthal.

Only problem is, in the game the roads ends at "hamvir's rest" which is located at the foot of a massive mountain range, and I was so far not able to find where the road would continue from there, it seems as to end just there.

So I went to Morthal taking a long detour over Dawnstar in to the nord east, and then heading westwards to Morthal.

In the same way I was then also unable to find the road that on the map is drawn from Morthal southwards to the mountainrange through hamvirs rest to Fort Greymoor.

To me it just seems as this particular road or mountain pass is not actually in the game.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing, or am I missing something here? I really would like to stick to the roads as much as possible.

I hope I do make sense,...this is really driving me nuts.

Thanks for any advice in advance

Best

Matt

East of Whiterun, near the end of that central mountain range, is a pass through some caves just above an Ancient Nord fort. I'm afraid I can't provide exact names at the moment. That pass comes out on the northern side of that mountain and Morthal is at the very base of it. It was the way I first went there and is probably the fastest way by foot, but I'm afraid you won't be able to take your horse through the cave.

Thanks for the tips and claryfying that this road is not there.

For now I'll be going through "Labyrinthian" ,or what it is called, although there is a troll whom I do not dare to attack, so I can outrun him on horseback.

The cave east of whiterun I've not discovered so far, looking forward to it!

Best

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem. Just spent an hour running around looking for that damned road. It's not there.

Either the cartographer was wrong, or the developers weren't communicating with each other.

Or, perhaps the road indicated on the map merely means that there is a path through there, even if it isn't a complete road.

I was able to find my way over the mountains without going in any cave, and without going through Labyrinthian.

If you go to the west of Hamvir's Rest, and skirt the base of the mountains, head north as soon as you are able.

You will come to a valley where you can continue to head north, and will arrive at a small cottage. (The occupant didn't like me too well.)

From the cottage, if you look into the distance to the northwest, you will see Bloodelder Peak, and there may be a dragon flying about there that's clearly visible from the cottage. You can head toward it, but generally just keep heading north, and the way will cross the mountains and head down toward Morthal on the other side.

If you're feeling adventurous, after you start heading down out of the valley, just a short hike west you will see the path that leads up to Bloodelder Peak.

Hope this helps.

I remember running into a giant camp and a haunted monument with steps which had ghosts which attacked you when i was looking for a pass through the mountains, i ended up walking up to where they end and jumping around the waterfall (the first time i fell and died.) So yeah i got there by skipping up a side of the mountain...