Vvardenfell

Nexim

move it into it's own world space

I reckon that sounds to be the most logical option, for "safety" reasons too. Although, I have no experience of this at all, I'm just going off pure assumptions here lol

I could - and would indeed love to - do the soundtrack. I have experience creating classical, movie soundtrack-style pieces. If the mod were to go down the route of questlines and whatnot, that is...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

move it into it's own world space

I reckon that sounds to be the most logical option, for "safety" reasons too. Although, I have no experience of this at all, I'm just going off pure assumptions here lol

I could - and would indeed love to - do the soundtrack. I have experience creating classical, movie soundtrack-style pieces. If the mod were to go down the route of questlines and whatnot, that is...

As of now the music can only be replaced and not added, but it seems as though it is possible with the creation kit to add in custom music for a specific world, as some areas for the main quest had unique music. It would be nice to have a new soundtrack there, maybe with a feel simular to morrowind's for a familiar feel but unique at the same time?

May want to hold off and see what Beth has planned.

DLC has become the new "in thing" for non-subscript, non-MMO games.

MassEffect

MassEffect 2

MassEffect 3 (presumed)

Dragon Age: Origins

Drage Age II

Battlefield 3 (sure some of the others, but I'm not researching it :whistling: )

...yes I know they're all from EA, but pretty sure Beth took notes :tongue:

So, some have speculated that the 'world' beyond Skyrim will be fleshed out as DLCs. This maybe why the Creation Toolkit is really taking so long to release, as you would need such a kit to make the sort of mod described here. Thus, you would 'cheat' them out of money.

Sooooo

1) Delay Toolkit

2) Post "Coming Soons" for DLC Continents/Zones

3) Release Toolkit

4) ???

5) PROFIT!

This sounds like Dunmer fanservice based on very little lore. House Telvanni has been overrun and was obliterated, according to in-game lore. Argonia only reclaimed southern Morrowind which was stolen by Dunmer in the first place, in which most forces remain. I have heard nothing about Hlaalu holding back Argonia, and mostly the Nords have plundered Redoran territories. And there is nothing left of Redoran, they have been hit the hardest in the Oblivion crisis. Only Vivec has been occupied, as far as i know,and nothing else of the main land, that has been destroyed completely. House Dagoth is dead, with Dagoth Ur's guidance only insane creatures, barely sentient remain.

The Empire has no influence over Morrowind, and I doubt the Thalmor would even dare to mingle with Black Marsh, since they are spread out thin, and have enough trouble with Hammerfell and Skyrim. The Thalmor would not try to gain support of an already defeated nation, and they despise all lesser mortals, including Dunmer.

No offense mate, but all of this sound to me like you just don't want to accept Dunmer defeat, which IS lore. You talk a big game about things are happen there, but i don't see it. Nobody really cares about Morrowind (the country) anymore, Argonians and Nords have ravaged it. Only Solstheim holds any promise, to be honest. And that just might come up as an Expansion.

To reiterate:

Vardenfell: Destroyed

Morrowind Mainland: Conquered, war is already over

House Dres: Destroyed

House Indoril: Destroyed

House Redoran: Destroyed (not talking about remnants who fled to Skyrim)

House Telvanni: Destroyed

House Hlaalu: Barely anything left, if at all

House Dagoth: Destroyed

Imperial Forces: Slim to none

Thalmor Forces: Most likely none (due to lack of interest)

I know Morrowind was unique and awesome, but you are just forcing it.

I think you should put your time into something different.

Only Vvardenfell was completely destroyed by Red Mountains eruption. But the force of the eruption sent massive tidal waves over most of mainlaind Morrowind, swamping villages, towns and cities everywhere.

The Houses may be gone. But the Dunmer aren't.

While a lot of them did flee to Skyrim and Solstheim (and other parts of Tamriel), some factions still survive in some capacity there.

The Ashlanders still survive.

House Hlaalu is dead, with only a few descendants scattered over Tamriel.

And I'm not sure what happens to house Indoril.

But Redoran is gone, except for possibly a few rebellious groups.

I love this idea, I didn't play Morrowind, so I really want to see what its like 200 years from Oblivion.

@huntsman2310

Only Dunmer that would have stayed are Ashlanders, the other ones fled, died in the war, died in Nord raids or fell to natural disasters. Political forces have no stake in this ravaged land, there is no conflict. Sure, you could do some quests for Ashlanders or some guild in the south, but nothing that really matters.

A rebuild/revisit mod requires lore, and the lore really doesn't have anything to offer in this matter. Everything noteworthy has already happened.

Only Solstheim has the Dunmer/Nord conflict, there just isn't anything going on in Morrowind/Vardenfell. That's what I meant with "forcing it".

Almost all of the destruction occured almost 200 years prior-that is more than enough time to rebuild. And also many dark elves talked of returning and an argonian in riften has farmland there. And why would a race that places such a great importance on thier ancestry completly abandon their original homeland to let others claim it rather than restoring it to its former state or improving while keeping old customs and traditions. We dont know much of morrowind's state during this point in the fourth era and that leaves room for creativity. And why would'nt there be many imperial camps? Surely they would make an attempt to preserve the imperial presence they had when so much of tamriel is breaking off from the empire. And as for the landscape, the coastal areas of Vvardenfell should not be burnt- only the areas closer to red mountain to show that the land is being reclaimed and recovered by nature. Cliffracers should be rare on vvardenfell but more common on the velohi mountains since Jiub drived them out. Edited by Iceflame542

It's been two hundred years, has it not? Mt. St. Helens here in the US as an example, the area has recovered dramtically after only 30 years. Much of the landscape would be changed almost completely from the lava flows, and massive tidal waves would have altered shorelines. Which is kind of a boon for modders, I would think, because you don't have to recreate it exactly, except maybe for a few key ruins, you would be creating something new with the same environmental elements. A post apocalyptic Morrowind.

After all that time, surely some pockets of civilization would have sprung up in Vvardenfell, perhaps escaping the attention of the Argonians and the treasure hunting Nords. The Ashlanders were pretty hearty survivalist types at any rate, right? I can see some interesting stories there. Interesting doesn't always have to equal epic.

To the OP: Your post got me all excited, fantastic ideas. Then I went back and read all of that depressing lore again :(

But nobody said you gotta pay attention to all of it, and I'd really love to see the province again. I've got some texturing skills...

[edit: almost what Iceflame said :)]

But Morrowinds social structures have decayed. There are no wars between the Great Houses, no prophecy to fullfill. You greatly misjudge the pace of Tamriel, 200 years are small time. Our society went in the last 200 years quite far. You can't say that about TES lore. The cities and societies have changed little in TES over the ages. And do you think the Red Mountain is completely inactive? Remember how the ashlands looked before the erruption? And the blight and Corprus has been spread all over it, since the diseases originated from Red Mountains ashes. The south is controlled by Argonians, and Vardenfell is a scorched, toxic ashland. Why would anybody remain there besides Ashlanders? And of course Ashlanders are not know for rebuilding or even apprechiating "modern" society.

All it would be is scorched earth and Argonian controlled marsh in the south. You overestimate the numbers of Dunmer surviving the Oblivion crisis, Erruption of the Red Mountain, following natural disasters, Argonian occupation and the likes.