Vvardenfell

Nexim

But the ashlands are an exception, in real life ash clouds or "ash storms" cover the land and place a layer of ash over the nearby ground, and that is very likely the reason it had not recovered. The rest of Morrowind is perfectly fine, and again, if 30 years is enough time, think about 200. Also, why should we cancel a project we are exited for just because it doesnt mach your lore expectations perfectly?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In game lore seems to hint towards recovery: It would only make sence for Keerava's family to have a farm in morrowind if the land is good for it. Also, many dark elves wish to return and at least one does. If you want to know what a barren wasteland vvardenfell would be like, turn off borders in the ini and fly there with tcl. Its not very interesting when nothing's there. And the lore inside the newest game for any game usually overwrites old lore whenever there is conflict. Edited by Iceflame542

It's like you can't even read my posts properly. And you keep bringing up real life instance for a video games. Terrible. TES is not real life.

Vardenfell has been covered in ashes, ashes which contain blight and corprus. Like the Red Mountain area, but all over. Forget about Vardenfell already. Elven reproduction speed is nowhere near Human reproduction speed, you know nothing about the flora and fauna, how it reatced, how much survived. Just making up some story about how your favourite faction from Morrowind reclaims everything and makes everything good again is not enough. Just forget about your Morrowind fanboyism for a second. Lore is what makes these games awesome in the first place. Stop trying to relive your past so desperately, and create something new. If you recreate something, you MUST abide lore, otherwise it would not be a recreation. I love Morrowind llike the next guy, but if you do it, do it right. Think. Think about what will happen, not what you want to happen.

You are free to do whatever you want, but don't count on my help, if you plan on making your nostalgia fanfiction abomination.

Lore is the reason TES games are so awesome.

It's like you can't even read my posts properly. And you keep bringing up real life instance for a video games. Terrible. TES is not real life.

Vardenfell has been covered in ashes, ashes which contain blight and corprus. Like the Red Mountain area, but all over. Forget about Vardenfell already. Elven reproduction speed is nowhere near Human reproduction speed, you know nothing about the flora and fauna, how it reatced, how much survived. Just making up some story about how your favourite faction from Morrowind reclaims everything and makes everything good again is not enough. Just forget about your Morrowind fanboyism for a second. Lore is what makes these games awesome in the first place. Stop trying to relive your past so desperately, and create something new. If you recreate something, you MUST abide lore, otherwise it would not be a recreation. I love Morrowind llike the next guy, but if you do it, do it right. Think. Think about what will happen, not what you want to happen.

You are free to do whatever you want, but don't count on my help, if you plan on making your nostalgia fanfiction abomination.

Lore is the reason TES games are so awesome.

I agree that the lore is great but even Bethesda doesn't adhere to it religiously. But why does it even matter? No one is going to force you to install this particular mod if it's made. Mods are optional things and that's the beauty of it all. There's an awful lot of stuff on this site that I'll never use but more power to the people who want/like/make it. It can be hard work (even if you never get around to actually uploading anything like me :biggrin:) . The modders involved are having fun putting what they want to see in their game, and most of it sure isn't as lore friendly as this idea could be...

I think that if Bethesda doesn't revisit it Morrowind in a DLC there would be a lot of interest in something like this. Lots of us Morrowind fanboys (and girls) around these parts. And due to the changes because of war, the Oblivion crisis, the Red Year, etc there's actually a load of possibility to create something new and feed our nostalgia at the same time :thumbsup:

Just my .02 not meant to be a lecture.

Anyway, Morrowind yay!

But the ashlands are an exception, in real life ash clouds or "ash storms" cover the land and place a layer of ash over the nearby ground, and that is very likely the reason it had not recovered. The rest of Morrowind is perfectly fine, and again, if 30 years is enough time, think about 200. Also, why should we cancel a project we are exited for just because it doesnt mach your lore expectations perfectly?

Volcanic ash actually makes the ground more fertile in the long run as well... Making the area into valuable farmlands if nothing else. A reason for both Imperial and Thalmor interest, perhaps?

And what was Corprus exactly? I know what it was game story wise... but was it actually a virus that would have died off if it wasn't being spread? The wiki is unclear on that point (or I missed something).

But the OP talks about Telvanni restoring everything, Vardenfell being just fine, things that just are not.

Now if you want to make something like Nehrim for the war between Morrowind and Argonia, happening in the south before the events of Skyrim, count me in! But just making up things about how strong and awesome the Dunmer are when they have clearly lost, and how all things are just fine and all will be well, it makes me cringe.

Make a stand alone "game" playing in the war, maybe even with a set character, thinking "Redguard" (the game), for a Dunmer house and Argonian forces, conquering and avoiding to be conquered, fighting battles, gathering intel. Aquiring resources of helping people escape. Sure, the end and outcome is set and written, but who cares? You partake in something noteworthy and special, you are IN history, reliving it. All still with free exploration, maybe imprial factions go gain allies, for battles, finding artifacts that will help your struggle. Get to know house dres and the argonian forces. Convince skyrim to aid you as argonia, or house indoril as house dres.

THAT would be something new and special, you can adhere to lore AND you get your Morrowind feeling.

Now you tell me that that would not be something special and unique, and not just some fanservice like people want.

I dare you.

EDIT

Come on dud, its like a uncurable blight disease that makes you lose your mind, your flesh grow like cancer and it originated from lorkhans heart transmitted through ashes. Quite hard to catch, but impossible to get rid of.

Edited by LiveAndLetLive

I'd like to point out, first of all, that the Blight and the threat of Corprus died with Dagoth Ur. Combined with the fact Divayth created a cure, the chances of it still being around, particularly without the link to the Heart of Lorkhan sustaining it, are slim to none.

Second, we know some of Morrowind's culture survived. There are indications, formost from Aduri Sarethi, that Mournhold has been rebuilt and is somewhat cosmopolitan again. Redoran and Indoril were devistated by nordic invasion, the Oblivion Crisis and the Argonian invasion. Redoran in particular is unlikely to have survived following the eruption of Red Mountain, unless they had shifted their focus to the reconstruction of Blacklight after the Oblivion Crisis. Indoril probably survives due to its holdings in and around Necrom, which is beyond the area which the Argonians invaded.

Drez holdings were almost entirely within the southlands of the Deshan plains, and would have been the first port of call for the Argonians. Their survival is tenious at best.

Telvanni... Well, if anyone could survive an errupting volcano, its those damned mages.

Hlaalu is contentious, to be sure. Of all the Houses, i think their the most likely to have maintained a power base. Where, of course, is another matter.

I think the fact that most Dunmer (of whom even the 'young' ones can remember something of Morrowind) have remained either in Skyrim or Solsthiem is telling of the condition of Morrowind in general. While some points of power remain, its unlikely to be anything near the complete Dunmer dominance they knew before. Slaves (Er, i mean Argonians) run rampant, i imagine the Vampires have come out of hiding to claim wide swaths of territory, the Dreugh likely control every water way, the Velothi-Giants have probably expanded, and any of a dozen sundry critters probably run rampant all over the place.

I think a mod is possible, and i would enjoy one immensely (I am myself planning something with the Nerevarine, Yagrum and Divayth, of course covering my Lore-Ass but alluding to CHIM alternatitivism) but one has to be careful in the portrayl. A few remaining cities (Necrom, Blacklight and Mournhold, for example... And maybe Sadrith Mora, as Telvanni lands weren't in the usual direction of pyroclastic flow) with scattered, small settlements, probably mostly coastal, and lots of hostile wilderness would be the most appropriate port of call.

As for House Dagoth, we don't know exactly what happened to them at the end of Morrowind. The Dreamers were freed, certianly, but many of the Corprus creatures and Dagoths remained. If a Dagoth survived (We know of at least one who wasn't actually anywhere in the game, Dagoth Mulis, though he did have a sprite) he could have continued the faith, in the same way that no one accepted Almalexia was dead. It would be a stretch, though, since the Dagoths were so closely linked through Dagoth Ur.

The cure for corpus only wokred on the Nerevarine, and not even that, but just remove the negative effects of it. After you finish the main quest it is clearly states that the blight and corpus still remain. Ingame lore states that the Telvanni have been defeated by Argonians.

Slaves (Er, i mean Argonians)

Dunmer fanboy.

Yea I don't mind most of the houses gone etc but for both immersion and nostalgia retaining reasons the landscape should be mostly returned. Doesnt it say something about the fauna being well adapted to the volcanic ash also? Same would probably apply to the creatures. But the new buildings should keep the old dunmer architexture that the old houses had.

Edit: this is exiting. I didn't expect an argument over lore to turn into a plan for a story questline and plans on how everything should look. Maybe telvanni structure remains would be built over with argonian villages expanding out from them? And dwemer ruins should have thier unique morrowind style.

Edited by Iceflame542