Vvardenfell

Nexim

I assure you, that the blight still is a problem after the defeat of dagoth ur. and i remember that it is in the ashes, it has been clearly stated in the game, as that it is your duty to protect morrowind from its infected creatures. but finding a quoe that could have been made by anyone is a pain, as you might now. just take my word for it.

My memory of the events is different than yours, and as we've shown we both seem to remember different parts of the same scenes, but the isolation of those memories is forming radically different overal perspectives.

Regardless, if we do assume the Corprus and the Blight survived the fall of Dagoth Ur, it just makes a ruined Morrowind a more dangerous (And in my mind more exciting) place. I may just be nostalgic, but i miss the ash wastes of my youth.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Blight is a weather phenomenon associated with Vvardenfell's colossal volcano, Red Mountain. Persistent within the Ghostfence -- that is, within the crater and on the volcano's slopes -- and intermittent near the volcano, the Blight is a health-threatening, ash-heavy volcanic cloud. Plants and creatures exposed to the Blight may contract a variety of blight diseases."

"Since you slew Dagoth Ur on Red Mountain, the Blight is gone. But many creatures affected by the Blight have survived, and are still a problem. And it may be that creatures can get Blight from contact with the ash that has accumulated for centuries in the wastelands. So it may be a long time before we are completely free of the effects of the Blight."

200 years is not a long time for elves

I love Morrowind too, but no great houses, everything destroyed... it just really isn't that great. And this was originally about the great houses and empire/thalmor.

but as i said, none of that is lore. houses are dead and the empire/thalmor have no stake in such a ruined place. only minor questing can happen, nothing big.

Edited by LiveAndLetLive

I agree in the fact that the Thalmor should not be involved, but you seem to forget that, even devistated, Morrowind has something the Empire loves. Ebony. Lots and lots of Ebony. Particularly with the fact that there is a cold war going on, the Empire would almost certianly be incested in resettlement of Morrowind, simply to get access to the Ebony.

As for the Great Houses, with the exception of Telvanni, theres nothing to indicate they are extinct. Even then, we know Telvanni has an heir, though he's not much of a mage. There is some credance to an attempt to rebuild, though anything approaching the full fledged House Councils we saw in Morrowind is certianly right out.

There IS a lot of potential in remaking Morrowind, but its not a simple potential. Big quests like "save the world" are probably right out, and a more domestic range of quests would be the special of the day.

I agree in the fact that the Thalmor should not be involved, but you seem to forget that, even devistated, Morrowind has something the Empire loves. Ebony. Lots and lots of Ebony. Particularly with the fact that there is a cold war going on, the Empire would almost certianly be incested in resettlement of Morrowind, simply to get access to the Ebony.

As for the Great Houses, with the exception of Telvanni, theres nothing to indicate they are extinct. Even then, we know Telvanni has an heir, though he's not much of a mage. There is some credance to an attempt to rebuild, though anything approaching the full fledged House Councils we saw in Morrowind is certianly right out.

There IS a lot of potential in remaking Morrowind, but its not a simple potential. Big quests like "save the world" are probably right out, and a more domestic range of quests would be the special of the day.

Well the Redoran are "mostly" gone, "remember redoran" and all that.

I recall reading drea and inforil were obliterated. And since dres and indoril were in the south... well you can imagine what happened when the argonians invaded.There are no territories left, argonians have reclaimed them. They even annihilated the telvanni, and they were undoubtedly the most powerful house of all. all telvanni secrets have been lost or taken by the crown, and i doubt argonia will let anything like telvanni or dres rise to power. and the ebony caves (all caves for that matter) will have collapsed or been buried underneath ashes (for the most part anyway)

only hlaalu might have assimilated well into imperial culture, already having deep ties with the empire. i honestly think only thehlaalu might have a chance to repopulate morrowind (or whats left of it), and being empire friendly i can see the empire assissting them, should the empire be able to resolve their thalmor issues. Otherwise i doubt resources and manpower will suffice. But rebuilding is often tedious, and not very exciting. A civil war on Solstheim would be much better, nords and dunmer fighting for it.

I don't know man, i feel like people could put their time into better projects.

Just because the mines are burried doesn't mean they can't be reopened. We also know that the Ebony viens spread well beyond Vardenfell. We see the tail ends of them in eastren Skyrim.

I'm not saying it would be as classicly exciting as fighting Dragons or Daedra, but it could be characterful and fun. I for one would support it.

We should probably focus on the lanscape, cities and creatures above quests first or else the project will take way too long and likely never be completed. The story can still exist, but if we delay working on the places the player can explore too long the project would probably die.

We should probably focus on the lanscape, cities and creatures above quests first or else the project will take way too long and likely never be completed. The story can still exist, but if we delay working on the places the player can explore too long the project would probably die.

This is what i mean, the problem is that it's going to be boring, and take way too long. Big space and little to do, and what there is to do is not that exciting and grabbed out of thin air. Better focus on a smaller worldspace, pack with tension and promise. Struggle and confrontation is the fun.

If anybody cares, do Solstheim. Holds more promise, and is actually doable

The only problem with Solstheim is that it's really (environmentally anyway) just more Skyrim...

And it was also supposed to be completely destroyed, was it not?

I thought it held dunmer remnants and nords who are not too happy about it.

Where did you hear that solstheim was destroyed?

@lachdonin

i doubt argonians are in solstheim, most of them went back south. same goes for the telvanni lands, argonians left.

Also, ravenrock went bankrupt years ago (oblivion crisis)

EDIT: ran from the argonians, not the argonians ran. my bad

Edited by LiveAndLetLive