Vvardenfell

Nexim

The cure for corpus only wokred on the Nerevarine, and not even that, but just remove the negative effects of it. After you finish the main quest it is clearly states that the blight and corpus still remain. Ingame lore states that the Telvanni have been defeated by Argonians.

It had been some time since i played Morrowind, to be honest, but i remember Azura stating something to the effect 'Many Corprus beasts remain' and 'the Blight has ended'. So while those who suffered from Corprus would still need to be dealt with, the threat of infection was gone. Incedently, most of the higher order memebrs of Houst Dagoth, such as the Ascended Sleepers and Ash Vampires are carriers of the Corprus, meaning their state would prevail even after Dagoth Ur's defeat. As such, there may indeed be remnants of House Dagoth.

Also, ther eis no indication that the cure ONLY works on the Nerevarine, and in fact Divayth states he is emediately going to administer it to some of the worst cases under his care. It may be a touch of optimisim, but i like to think it was a sucess, though we have no evidence one way or another.

Third, i have actually checked up on that... And indeed, House Telvanni is all but extinct. That poor bastard you frame in Riften, Brand-Shei, is the last decendant of the houses ruling council. Of course, that doesn't mean good'ol Divayth isn't gone, as he never was on the council.

Dunmer fanboy.

Someone clearly can't take a joke. While it's true the Dunmer are my favorite TES race, the intent of the sentance was clearly one of attempted levity. Someone is obviously a little too attached to the Argonians to see when someones trying to lighten the mood.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Divayth states that he tried it on others, but never worked. You are safe to assume that only the Nerevar will be cured by it.

And some Dunmer states that your duty is not over, that many blighted creature remain, and that the blight is in the ashes, and that you have to protect vardenfell from it.

And, no, i just don't find you funny.

Ash storms should probably extend to the mountains on the mainland but be not as strong there. The coastal mainland could have a lot of farmland. And what about silt striders?

A massive erruption of a volcano the size of Red Mountain (Which, if scaled properly, is probably close to the size of Olimpus Mons) would have caused massive damage and the extinction of entire species. First to go would have been large herbivors like the Silt Striders. Most carnivors (Such as Alit, Kagyoti and Nix Hounds) would have survived on the carcasses, but it depends largely on how long the devistation lasted. Considering it is still a wasteland at least 4 years after the erruption, i'd say we're looking at massive almost irreperable ecologic damage on Vardenfell, and long lasting effects on the mainland.

If anything, a mod like this should be more about reclimation than anything.

And some Dunmer states that your duty is not over, that many blighted creature remain, and that the blight is in the ashes, and that you have to protect vardenfell from it.

You beleive random Dunmer over a god? There is absolutely zero indication that the Blight continued beyond the defeat of House Dagoth.

As for the cure, i don't have a transcript of the conversation on hand, but you can rest assured i will be getting one. Right or wrong, i will put it here for all to see.

I think some things such as silt striders should be an exeption to preserve skyrim's gameplay, seeing as horses would not be used by the elven and beast races there, they and boats would be the morrowind equivelent to carriage travel. Ores such as ebony and glass need to be minable and smeltable, and about horses the imperials probably would have brought some over, but the natives would rely on creatures found in the region naturally for mounts.

"I've got a potion. In theory, it should cure corprus. Doesn't work, though. Probably kill you. Killed all my test subjects. But you've got nothing to lose. Before I give it to you, I want you to look around below in the Corprusarium. Know what's in store if you don't take the potion. And while you're there, I want you to pick up a pair of boots from a victim, calls himself Yagrum Bagarn. My oldest patient. Handy fellow, fixes things for me. Bring the boots back, and then you can have the potion."

"I'm sorry. The divine disease can't be cured. And the Temple will demand that you be imprisoned here in my Corprusarium, to protect the health of others. A pity. You had better put your affairs in order. The course of the disease varies. Sometimes it's rapid, sometimes very slow. I would hurry, if I were you. Now, excuse me."

"The magical principles of corprus disease are elusive and miraculous, far more subtle and powerful than any conventional sorcery or enchantment. I'm persuaded that it is in some manner the curse or blessing of a god. Perhaps both a curse and a blessing. The victim, of course, cannot appreciate the marvelous nature of corprus. It saps the mind and destroys the body. But to a wizard, it is a profound and glorious mystery, a riddle worth a long lifetime of study."

"It worked, didn't it? Remarkable. Perhaps it will work on the other inmates. I'll have to proceed carefully, of course. You may be an exceptional case."

I may have been wrong about the blight remaining int he ashes, though. I guess this relates to blighted creatures, which DO remain, but not the blight storms. But that does not mean the blight has been eradicated, since you still can catch it (theoretically) after the main quest, while people exclaim it is gone.

Edited by LiveAndLetLive

Thank you. Still, it proves that we do NOT know if it worked on the others afterwards, and also concludes that Divayth would continue his study. In the absence of no further evidence, we are unable to make any concret conclusion.

What we can confirm, however, is that the Blight Ended. Azura says so in no simpler terms than that. Because the Corprus was spread by the Blight, the eruption of Red Mountain would not have spread it.

Of course, there remains a 'concept' amongst Dunmer that Corprus can also be spread through contact with infected, but i don't know of a single incedent where that happened. In fact, the Nerevarine is infected directly by a Dagoth. We know Corprus is magical in nature, and we know it is linked directly to Dagoth Ur. Unfortunately, without more information on how it works, we can't make any conclusive statement son how it spreads.

However, there is no further mention of the Corprus or the Blight following the fulfilment of the Nerevarine prophesy, it points us in the direction that it is indeed gone.

Edited by Lachdonin

Thank you. Still, it proves that we do NOT know if it worked on the others afterwards, and also concludes that Divayth would continue his study. In the absence of no further evidence, we are unable to make any concret conclusion.

What we can confirm, however, is that the Blight Ended. Azura says so in no simpler terms than that. Because the Corprus was spread by the Blight, the eruption of Red Mountain would not have spread it.

Of course, there remains a 'concept' amongst Dunmer that Corprus can also be spread through contact with infected, but i don't know of a single incedent where that happened. In fact, the Nerevarine is infected directly by a Dagoth.

Corprus was an important part of the main quest, therefore you could not have caught it, it would have broken it. Obvioulsy lore-wise you were very able to get infected by it.

I assure you, that the blight still is a problem after the defeat of dagoth ur. and i remember that it is in the ashes, it has been clearly stated in the game, as that it is your duty to protect morrowind from its infected creatures. but finding a quoe that could have been made by anyone is a pain, as you might now. just take my word for it.

"Red dust from Red Mountain. Grass dies, kwama and guar go mad, bite and fight. Hunters cannot find food. Herders get sick, watch the herds die. Lands to the west belong to Urshilaku. Lands to the south belong to Zainab. And to the north? Water and monsters. No safe haven for the Ahemmusa." yakum hairshashishi

"There is bad magic in the dust from Red Mountain. The grass dies, the kwama and guar go mad, bite and fight. These are very hard times for the tribes, so the tribes go raiding. Here there is not blight, and I live in big house and get rich and soft like a fat trader." ashlanders

While the dust remains blighted and infecous, the actual storms have ceased. No new dust is leaving Red Mountain, but it remains toxic. Therefore the erruption will spread blight, though to a lesser extent.

Edited by LiveAndLetLive

Of course, there remains a 'concept' amongst Dunmer that Corprus can also be spread through contact with infected, but i don't know of a single incedent where that happened. In fact, the Nerevarine is infected directly by a Dagoth. We know Corprus is magical in nature, and we know it is linked directly to Dagoth Ur. Unfortunately, without more information on how it works, we can't make any conclusive statement son how it spreads.

However, there is no further mention of the Corprus or the Blight following the fulfilment of the Nerevarine prophesy, it points us in the direction that it is indeed gone.

There is actually a quest regarding this suspicion called Disease Carrier

"Endryn Llethan in the High Fane of the Vivec, Temple Canton asks you to convince Tanusea Veloth to leave the city, since she has contracted Corprus and may spread the incurable disease to others. Endryn suggests that since she is a devout pilgrim, she may be impressed if you show your devotion to the Temple's teachings. Llethan only knows that she is somewhere in the Arena Canton."

So yes, they did believe it could be spread. But I don't think that was ever confirmed... Why I wondered if it was a virus. It's been a while for me, too.

As far as the remaining creatures... That doesn't mean they were spreading corprus further, just that they needed to be taken care of, no?