Vvardenfell

Nexim

Don't forget that Bethesda doesn't respect their own lore, as it was the case in Oblivion, so we too can be "creative".

For example, we could simply ignore Oblivion and Skyrim and work with Morrowind's lore. In the game Morrowind, legionaires talked about unrest in Cyrodiil and that they probably have to retreat in order to defend their core province. Didn't Caius Cosades leave Balmore for some reason? Besides, the Nerevar could have influenced the history of Morrowind instead of going to the east which just sounds like a very cheap solution to get rid of him.

This mod could be a "what if" scenario in an alternate Elder Scrolls universe. Let's do it better than Bethesda!

I and many other Morrowind "fanboys" would definitely be happy to join our favorite Great House, to build our own stronghold, to explore Dwemer ruins, to plot against the Empire and the other houses and to demonstrate that some powerful Dunmers can easily stop a ridiculous invasion from the slaves (Argonians).

Why should we follow the lore if Bethesda ignores it too? With the Construction Kit, we can create alternatives.

Care to make actual citations on where Bethesda has ignored lore, rather than just filling in grey areas?

The majority of Cyrodiil in prior to Oblivion lore was supposed to be a giant rainforest. From the pocket guide the empire editions from morrowind and daggerfall I believe.

Edited by Iceflame542

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of Cyrodiil in prior to Oblivion lore was supposed to be a giant rainforest.

Rainforest does not = Tripical. We also know that Talos reformed Cyrodiil to make it more hospitable for humans.

They made that up after oblivion's release because people were complaining that it wasn't accurate to lore. As far as I know there is nothing in game to support that. And if talos did that, how long ago was that supposed to be? Right after humans inhabited Cyrodiil? Because if so why would such ancient editions of the book be found so commonly to describe it before or right after humans arrived?

We have rainforests here in Canada? ;D

I find the vegetation in Skyrim much more familiar than that in Cyrodiil.

EDIT: Okay, so further research reveals that there are indeed "temperate rainforests" along the BC coast. Who knew? Not me, that's for sure. But I've never been out west.

Edited by JanusForbeare

I agree in the fact that the Thalmor should not be involved, but you seem to forget that, even devistated, Morrowind has something the Empire loves. Ebony. Lots and lots of Ebony. Particularly with the fact that there is a cold war going on, the Empire would almost certianly be incested in resettlement of Morrowind, simply to get access to the Ebony.

As for the Great Houses, with the exception of Telvanni, theres nothing to indicate they are extinct. Even then, we know Telvanni has an heir, though he's not much of a mage. There is some credance to an attempt to rebuild, though anything approaching the full fledged House Councils we saw in Morrowind is certianly right out.

There IS a lot of potential in remaking Morrowind, but its not a simple potential. Big quests like "save the world" are probably right out, and a more domestic range of quests would be the special of the day.

Makes sense. But it would be the East empire company who would the largest presence in morrowind if that were the case would it not?

Also, heh heh you said incested.

I agree in the fact that the Thalmor should not be involved, but you seem to forget that, even devistated, Morrowind has something the Empire loves. Ebony. Lots and lots of Ebony. Particularly with the fact that there is a cold war going on, the Empire would almost certianly be incested in resettlement of Morrowind, simply to get access to the Ebony.

As for the Great Houses, with the exception of Telvanni, theres nothing to indicate they are extinct. Even then, we know Telvanni has an heir, though he's not much of a mage. There is some credance to an attempt to rebuild, though anything approaching the full fledged House Councils we saw in Morrowind is certianly right out.

There IS a lot of potential in remaking Morrowind, but its not a simple potential. Big quests like "save the world" are probably right out, and a more domestic range of quests would be the special of the day.

Makes sense. But it would be the East empire company who would the largest presence in morrowind if that were the case would it not?

Also, heh heh you said incested.

The majority of Cyrodiil in prior to Oblivion lore was supposed to be a giant rainforest.

Rainforest does not = Tripical. We also know that Talos reformed Cyrodiil to make it more hospitable for humans.

They made that up after oblivion's release because people were complaining that it wasn't accurate to lore. As far as I know there is nothing in game to support that. And if talos did that, how long ago was that supposed to be? Right after humans inhabited Cyrodiil? Because if so why would such ancient editions of the book be found so commonly to describe it before or right after humans arrived?

The incredible irony of your complaint that they made it up is that...HELLO? ALL THE LORE IS MADE UP, IT'S THEIR SERIES THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THE F*** THEY WANT WITH THE LORE. Sorry...and yes, there are non tropical rainforests, I live in one of those areas, Vancouver.

We have rainforests here in Canada? ;D

I find the vegetation in Skyrim much more familiar than that in Cyrodiil.

EDIT: Okay, so further research reveals that there are indeed "temperate rainforests" along the BC coast. Who knew? Not me, that's for sure. But I've never been out west.

You should visit us in Vancouver, it's a great place except for the fact that where everyone else gets snow we get rain. I guess that just emphasizes the point that BC is indeed a temperate rainforest biome though.